This new aircraft seat design allows economy passengers to lie downBy Vika https://pictolic.com/en/article/this-new-aircraft-seat-design-allows-economy-passengers-to-lie-down
How many times have you felt back pain after a long plane flight? Or have you ever planned on getting a good night's sleep on a flight but couldn't fall asleep because those airplane seats are so damn uncomfortable?
Luckily, there is an American startup called Zephyr Aerospace that aims to make flying a more enjoyable experience for every economy traveler. Basically, the Zephyr is a new aircraft seat that allows passengers to lie down during the flight.
1. “Most airline seats haven't changed since the 1970s. 99% of all economy seats are upright and impossible to sleep in. They cause unnatural postures for a long period of time and can be harmful to health, ”says the Zephyr Aerospace website.
2. “Airlines try to justify higher ticket prices by providing services such as in-flight meals, lounge access, and extra luggage. In our study, 70% of travelers would trade these services for the only able to lie down and sleep,” says the Zephyr Aerospace team.
3. The Zephyr appears to offer economy travelers the comfort and privacy of a private cabin. “Our design gives passengers the option of multifunctional use – lie down, sit or sit with their legs fully extended,” employees say.
4. We have to admit, it looks very comfortable...
5. It also allows for social distancing.
6. “Airlines will be able to choose from options such as memory foam seats, blackout curtains, OLED displays, and other extras,” the company says.