This is how you should enjoy life! The story of a pensioner...By Vika https://pictolic.com/en/article/this-is-how-you-should-enjoy-life-the-story-of-a-pensioner
This is the story of 87-year-old retiree Lee Wachtsetter, who spent all her savings to spend the rest of her life on a luxury cruise ship on an eternal journey through the oceans and seas...
1. The decision to spend the rest of her days on a cruise ship was not an easy one for the elderly woman. She had to sell her large Florida home and leave her family with her grandchildren. But nevertheless, she has been on an endless journey for 8 years now and enjoys life on an expensive cruise ship ...
2. In an interview, retired Lee Wachtsetter admitted that she has always had a love for cruise travel. The woman got on her first cruise back in 1962, and today she continues her 283rd trip!
3. Li spends approximately $164,000 a year to ensure she has the opportunity to live the life she is used to on the liner. For this amount, the pensioner was given a personal luxury cabin, she can also try all the dishes in all the restaurants on the liner and practice ballroom dancing in the evenings.
4. Lee is also the guest of honor at all parties and dinner parties that take place on the ship. On the ship, she often visits cinemas, and lectures, and actively participates in all the free entertainment that the cruise program offers.
5. Lee looks really happy living on the ship. She says that all the crew members have become like family to her. Many of the employees are ready to do everything possible and impossible to please the guest and get exactly what she asks for. “The crew members bend over to keep me happy…” says Lee. Many call the pensioner here nothing more than "Mama Lee."
6. A blogger named Penny Ho once met Lee during her trip on an Italian cruise in 2011. The girl confidently stated that Lee Wachtsetter showed her what it really means to "be able to enjoy life."
7. Lee's mother has been living on this ship since 2008, i.e. even more than some of the crew members. The pensioner explains that she chose this ship because of its intense dance program: “My husband and I loved to travel. Before he died in 1997, he told me, “Lee, keep traveling. Never stop". So I continue."
8. Lee Wachtsetter says that dancing, which she has been doing for 15 years, has become her main and most beloved hobby. Before starting to live and travel on the Crystal Serenity, the woman spent three years on the Holland America liner, traveling the world. When they canceled their dance classes, Lee made the decision to leave.
9. The elderly lady said that in her entire life she managed to visit more than a hundred countries, but Istanbul will forever remain her favorite city for walking.
10. Grandma goes to the Grand Bazaar in this city. She is attracted to the bright, sparkly outfits that this market is full of: "The outfits there are perfect for ballroom dancing." As soon as it comes to shopping, Mama Li can't help herself and jumps ashore almost the very first!
11. The only difficulty that the pensioner experiences during her travels is the long separation from her children and grandchildren (Lee has three sons and seven grandchildren), who continue to live in Miami. She misses her family very much, so she often contacts them by e-mail and skype.