This barber will refund the money for the children's haircut if the child reads aloudVika
This barbershop in Ypsilanti, Michigan doesn't just cut people. The barber will cut your child's hair for free, as long as he or she reads aloud while cutting.
Hairdresser Ryan Griffin was inspired by a similar idea in Harlem, and to this day the initiative remains popular with both children and parents. “The feedback from parents and teachers was great. They love it, ”says barber Ryan Griffin and barbershop owner Alex Fuller. However, the idea is not only aimed at promoting literacy. Because the barber shop serves so many African Americans, the books available at the Fuller Cut Barber Library contain positive images of African Americans designed to inspire young clients as they sit in the barber's chair.
1.Fuller Cut looks like an ordinary hairdressing salon. It is familiar to the look of equipment for hairdressing salons, but there is one difference. The barber will cut your child's hair for free, as long as he reads aloud while cutting. “The feedback from parents and teachers was great. They love it, ”says hairdresser Ryan Griffin and hairdresser Alex Fuller about their idea.
2. “For some children, reading is easy. For others, this is a problem. The child may have difficulty reading aloud or read poorly at all.
3. "But we encourage all of them to try reading aloud, no matter what their level of reading ability."
4. “Our library mostly contains books that contain positive images of African Americans,” says Alex.
5. “There are times when we see on the face of a child the joy and pride of what he read aloud. Nothing beats this. "
6. Barber Ryan said that he is close to the following quote by Frederick Douglas: "It is easier to build strong children than to restore broken people." Frederick Douglas was an American writer, educator, abolitionist, editor, and orator. And also one of the most famous fighters for the rights of black people in America and the leader of the black liberation movement.