These simple tips can save your life.Vika
We are all familiar with the basic safety rules. However, sometimes we can find ourselves in unexpected and dangerous situations and look completely helpless.
We want to remind our readers of several important facts that will be useful in solving various unforeseen situations. After all, the holidays are coming soon and no one wants something to overshadow the New Year.
1. Never use a mobile phone while walking.
This can lead to the fact that you lose control of your environment, not noticing various threats (for example, an approaching car).
2. Always carry documents with you to help verify your identity and provide necessary medical information.
Make sure you always have documents with you that can identify you. Ideally, these documents should include medical information (such as your group, allergic reactions, etc.). This way, if something unexpected happens, even a complete stranger can offer you quick and effective help. Do not forget to also have a list of personal contacts with you: phone numbers of people who need to be notified in case of an emergency. It will not be superfluous to add the numbers of various services in advance. For this, there are reference books, for example, the telephone base of St. Petersburg, etc.
3. Make sure you have suitable clothing for the cold weather.
Wet skin cools in the cold much faster than dry skin. This is especially true on New Year's holidays when we go out into the street excited. Make sure your body temperature does not drop too quickly when wearing woolen clothes - these are great for absorbing moisture. Cotton and other fabrics are poor absorbents - clothes made from these materials will make you freeze in no time at all.
4. Always carry anti-allergic (antihistamine) tablets.
5. In case of vegetable oil flares up on the gas stove, quickly turn off the gas and put a lid on the burning pan to extinguish the flame. This will keep the fire from burning.
6. It is not necessary to remove a knife or other sharp object from the wound. Surely you have seen in films how, when a knife is removed from a wound, blood begins to gush like a fountain. In fact, this is true. Wait for the ambulance to arrive.
7. If you feel unwell in a public place, do not hesitate to ask for help. The chance of getting help from one person is higher than from the crowd.