The most unusual McDonalds in the world
Categories: Design and ArchitectureBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/article/the-most-unusual-mcdonalds-in-the-world
In recent days, news about McDonald's has been appearing in the media with enviable regularity. In Moscow, four chain establishments were closed, a swastika was found in a burger in a German McDuck, and an American unexpectedly drove into Makavto on a hospital gurney. Fast food has become a real newsmaker! After digging in the archives, "The Tape.<url> has collected photos of the most unusual McDonald's restaurants in the world.
(12 photos in total)
1. The only McDonald's in Cuba is located on the territory of the US naval base Guantanamo. Opened in 1986, the restaurant is surrounded by barbed wire and serves only base employees and their family members. (Photo: Geo Swan / Flickr)
2. "McDonald's" in Dallas (Texas) is made in the form of a set of fast food — "Happy meal" for children. (Photo: paul adonis hunter / Flickr)
3. The only chain restaurant in the world whose logo is not yellow is located in Sedona (Arizona). The turquoise color was chosen so that the building would be in better harmony with the surrounding landscape. (Photo: Yassie)
4. Yellow letters "M" as a symbol of capitalism — next door to the Museum of Communism in Prague. (Photo: Robert Nyman / Flickr)
5. There is only one logo on the building of the chain's restaurant in Maine. There are no branded umbrellas here either. The building, built in 1850, belongs to a retired captain, and there are lobster rolls on the menu. (Photo: Steve Liss)
6. On the way from Los Angeles to Las Vegas, there is a McDonald's in the small town of Barstow, which occupies three passenger cars. (Photo: QuiteLucid / Flickr)
7. A restaurant located in a 19th-century mansion in New York. The company bought the demolished building in 1985. (Photo: Chung Chu / Flickr)
8. "McDonald's", located in a building built in the 1930s in Melbourne. The building is made in the Art Deco style and is illuminated with neon light at night. (Photo: Mattinbgn)
9. McDonald's in Roswell (New Mexico) owes its unusual shape to an incident that occurred in 1947, when an unidentified flying object of alien origin allegedly crashed in fields near the city. (Photo: sfgamchick / Flickr)
10. The building built in the XIX century in the Irish Bray for almost two centuries served as the city hall. In 1997, the municipality sold the first floor to McDonald's, the second floor still houses the premises used by the city authorities. (Photo: William Murphy / Flickr)
11. Fast food in Kristiansand, Norway, occupies a former bank building. The original massive doors are closed, visitors have to get inside through the side entrance. (Photo: Saul Grinberg Filho / Flickr)
12. A restaurant in the Negev Desert (Israel) serves kosher beef patties, and its veranda overlooks the endless dunes. (Photo: Chalky Lives / Flickr)
Keywords: Food | McDonald's | Fast foodPost News Article
Photographers have plenty of fun with a long exhibition in Budapest. And the object of their shooting is amazing city trams ...
Who said that the toilet should be as simple as possible? White tile, white toilet? Photos from our collection can prove that the ...
This cruise ship with a length of almost 296 meters is designed as a luxury floating residential building. It will provide its ...
A low-calorie meal does not have to be tasteless or non-nutritious. But for fearless gourmets, many different wonderful dishes are ...
During the pandemic, the number of overweight people has increased significantly. Doctors worry that if we continue to eat stress ...
People refrain from eating meat for various reasons. Some for ethical reasons, others for purposes of sanitation, and others — as ...