The most impressive viewing platforms in the world
Categories: WorldBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/article/the-most-impressive-viewing-platforms-in-the-world
A glass floor over an abyss and a dancing bridge, thundering waterfalls and piercing wind, futuristic views of Tokyo and Hong Kong. What else can you see and where to walk, climbing to the top? We talk about the roofs of skyscrapers, bridges in the crowns of trees and balconies where they climb for the sake of dizzying views.
(Total 33 photos)
1. Observation deck Burj Khalifa, Dubai.
2. Observation deck Sky Walk, Austria. Aboriginal poets romantically call this observation deck "the balcony in the Alps."
3. The winds on Sky Walk are crazy, but the site is firmly built into the sheer cliff of the Hunerkogel and is a magnificent 360-degree panorama of the snowy Alpine peaks.
4. Top of the Rock Observation Deck, New York The Top of the Rock observation deck is located on the 70th floor of one of the Rockefeller Center buildings.
5. There are both indoor and outdoor areas on Top of the Rock - they are distributed over three levels. Caution: in the summer heat it can be almost unbearable in an open area, so in June-August it is better to come here in the morning or in the evening.
6. Iguazu Falls, Brazil. The waterfalls can be explored on your own, moving through the jungle and viewing the cascades from specially built bridges.
7. Iguazu Falls combine 270 separate roaring streams, each of which falls into the abyss from a high cliff.
8. Observation deck of the Mori Tower, Tokyo. Those who are not afraid of strong winds and a dizzying height (238 meters) rise to an open viewing platform and look at the futuristic cityscapes and the hazy outlines of distant Fuji.
9. The 238-meter tower Mori Tower, towering over the Roppongi quarter, is one of the four tallest buildings in Tokyo.
10. Observation tower Spinnaker Tower, Portsmouth. A large 170-meter sail-shaped tower appeared in the port of Portsmouth in 2005. There are three viewing platforms here.
11. Outwardly, Spinnaker Tower resembles the famous Burj Al Arab hotel in Dubai.
12. Glacier Skywalk Observation Deck, Canada. A new tourist attraction in Jasper National Park is a walk over the abyss on a transparent floor.
13. The viewing platform Glacier Skywalk is made in the form of an arc of durable glass and is attached to a 280-meter cliff so that under the feet of tourists there is a void and an glacial valley lying below.
14. ICC Observation Deck, Hong Kong. From such a height of almost 400 meters, all the other skyscrapers of Hong Kong seem like just a pack of pencils placed in a glass with the rods down.
15. ICC almost doubled the previous record holder, the observation deck of the IFC skyscraper on the opposite shore of Victoria Bay: it was on the 55th floor, the new one on the hundredth.
16. Observation deck of the Baiyoke-2 tower, Bangkok. From the rotating observation deck on the 84th floor, you can see the entire capital and its surroundings.
17. Every year, Baiyoke Sky Hotel holds the 84th floor stair speed race championship. The record belongs to Buunch Chandecha who finished in 11 minutes 56 seconds.
18. Attraction Illawarra Fly, Australia. This metal structure is located at a height of 25 meters above the ground and is a path 500 meters long, which is laid along the tops of centuries-old trees.
19. From the Illawarra Fly path, breathtaking views of the virgin nature and the coast open up.
20. Il binocolo observation deck, Italy. The name of the observation deck is translated as "binoculars", which is consistent with the shape of the structure, ending with a small visor-roof.
21. The views from Il binocolo are magnificent - hills, vineyards, the famous Trauttmansdorff gardens with incredible plants and landscapes, houses with tiled roofs and, of course, the castle.
22. Observation deck 5 Fingers, Austria. This platform is made in the form of a palm, and it can only be reached by cable car.
23. Each of the five “fingers” (as 5 Fingers is translated) has its own special feature: a glass floor, a free telescope, a special picture frame for photographing, a hole through which you can observe the abyss. And the shortest third "finger" is closed to the public and symbolizes the inaccessibility of the mountains.
24. Observation deck Ericsson Globe, Stockholm. This design resembles a truncated solar system, where 2 glass planets with a capacity of 16 people each revolve around the Ericsson Globe sun.
25. The maximum height to which the Ericsson Globe cabins rise is 130 meters - a great point to capture the entire landscape of the city.
26. Observation deck Sky Bridge, Malaysia. The bridge across the abyss at an altitude of 700 meters above sea level is also an observation deck in the spirit of the best adventure films about Indiana Jones.
27. The design of the Sky Bridge, as befits suspension bridges, sways underfoot and creaks ominously. The bridge has a length of 125 meters and a width of 1.8 meters with two triangular branches of 3.2 meters each.
28. Observation deck Skywalk, USA. This horseshoe-shaped observation deck, suspended in the air at an altitude of about 1200 meters and protruding over the chasm of the Grand Canyon by 20 meters, is not a test for the faint of heart.
29. The walls and floor of Skywalk are made of durable glass 10 cm thick. Visitors are even given special socks so as not to scratch the coating.
30. Aurland Lookout, Norway. A picturesque observation deck at an altitude of 600 m above the Orland site overlooking one of the most beautiful fjords in Norway.
31. The Aurland Lookout is a trampoline that rounds off at the end and merges into its support. The end of this "springboard" is covered with durable glass.
32. Observation deck At the Top, Dubai. This is the name of the famous observation deck on the 124th floor of the Burj Khalifa mega skyscraper. Immediately after the opening, this 828-meter giant was nicknamed the new Tower of Babel.
33. Among the two dozen achievements of Burj Half, included in the Guinness Book of Records, there is a restaurant on the 112th floor, a nightclub on the 144th and a mosque on the 158th. All are the highest in their categories.
Keywords: Views | Observation deckPost News Article
Film production is such a mysterious industry that it never ceases to amaze people from less creative fields. We share amazing ...
Once upon a time, hygiene was not treated as scrupulously as it is now. However, this does not apply to all ethnic groups, but only ...
In the 30s of the last century, the world was shocked by the tragedy that occurred at one of the factories in the United States. At ...
The observation deck above the Grand Canyon is a transparent ledge in the shape of a horseshoe. This miracle is located in Arizona, ...
In the midst of the summer holidays, we offer you a selection of restaurants around the world with stunning views - for those who ...
For 500 million years, the mountain lived quietly on the island of Langkawi ... But in 2005, the quiet and measured life of the ...