The most expensive jewelry in the worldVika
Archaeologists have proven that people in ancient times created and wore jewelry. From simple necklaces to exquisite gemstone jewelry. Most of the jewelry market is aimed at women, however, jewelry has different meanings to different people.
They can be a symbol of love, like wedding rings. A piece of jewelry can be a status indicator, such as a Cartier diamond necklace. A piece of jewelry may even be completely unusable and intended only for admiring the delicate work that the master jeweler has done. Here is a list of the most expensive pieces of jewelry ever created by jewelers and high-end jewelry houses.
1. Wallis Simpson's panther bracelet. $ 12.4 million
Bessie Wallis Simpson - since 1937, the wife of the Duke of Windsor, former King of Great Britain Edward VIII.
2. Tiara with emeralds and diamonds. $ 12.7 million
The tiara was created around 1900 and belonged to Princess Katharina Henkel von Donnersmark.
3. Ruby necklace "Heart of the Kingdom". $ 14 million
The necklace was created by the oldest jewelry house, Garrard. The necklace is encrusted with a 40.63-carat Burmese ruby and diamonds.
4. Bvlgari Blue. $ 15.7 million
Interesting ring with two diamonds - blue and white. Created in the early 70s, the ring was bought for $ 1 million, but now its value is estimated at 15.7 million.
5. Necklace "Heart of the Ocean". $ 17 million
The blue diamond necklace first appeared in the Titanic movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet.
6. Blue beauty of Asia. $ 17.3 million
The necklace has the fourth-largest cut sapphire in the world.
7. Cartier diamond brooch from 1912. $ 17.6 million
The brooch consists of a large number of diamonds and was created in Paris in 1912.
8. The Perfect Pink Diamond. $ 23.2 million
Only 10% of pink diamonds weigh more than 0.2 carats. This diamond is a real giant. In addition, it has a pure pink color without impurities, which is a rarity. That is why it was named “Perfect Pink”.
9. Hutton-Mdivani Jadeite Necklace. $ 27.4 million
The jadeite beaded necklace has changed several famous owners, including American socialite Barbara Hutton.
10. Diamond bikini. $ 30 million
This bikini by Susan Rosen features 150 carats of diamonds set in platinum.
11. Ring "Pink Star". $ 72 million
Ring set with a 59.6-carat oval pink diamond.