The elephant was depressed and did not want to live until she met a new friendVika
Elephants are some of the smartest animals in the world. They know how to show selflessness and care for others, as evidenced by numerous examples. Here is one touching incident that happened in Phuket, Thailand.
1. When a 50-year-old elephant named Baan Yen was admitted to an elephant orphanage in Phuket, workers at the orphanage saw that she was in desperate need of medical attention.
2. Before these, Baan Yen had worked in the camp for 20 years, and the exorbitant conditions affected her condition.
3. The elephant had all the signs of deep depression, she practically did not sleep during the week.
4. When she was taken to the shelter, she was very weak and dehydrated. The veterinarian treated her with an IV drip, anti-inflammatory drugs, and vitamins.
5. But even after recovering physically, the elephant remained in an extremely depressed state. The shelter staff did not know how to help her and felt helpless.
6. But one day everything changed. From the moment Baan Yen met the elephant named Dok Gaew, her condition began to improve rapidly.
7. He also had previous abuse, and when he saw the tortured Baan Yen, he immediately began to support her. Their friendship literally saved Baan.
8. Now the elephant has become more cheerful and sociable. Most of all, she loves to spend time swimming in the lagoon with other elephants.