The chef and his work
Categories: Photo projectBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/article/the-chef-and-his-work
Photographer Mark Lipczynski from Arizona, USA takes delicious food photos. He works for his own magazine called Bite. Lipczynski draws inspiration for his work from the "parallels of art and life" and the constant search for the mysterious in everyday life. His photography captures how food photography can be something more, and his background in photojournalism helps to tell entire visual stories in photographs. One of Mark's main methods is to create paired collages. “Sometimes two photos together tell a much more interesting story than one shot.” At the same time, his diptychs always have one thing in common, be it the same color scheme, tone, mood or style of food.
(Total 10 photos)
1. Left: Rural chicken zaatar at the Corner Table restaurant. Right: Chef Richard Knight in the butcher's shop at Feast. Both restaurants are located in Houston, Texas, USA. (© Mark Lipczynski)
2. Left: A colorful salad at Cowboy Ciao in Scottsdale, Arizona. Right: Kitchen at a popular restaurant in Houston, Texas. (© Mark Lipczynski)
3. Left: Water is poured over dry ice in a beautifully decorated seafood dish served in a clam shell on a sea rock. Right: Chef at Espresso Pizza, an Italian restaurant in San Diego, California. (© Mark Lipczynski)
4. These photos are from a story about Hayden mills for American Airlines magazine called American Way. The mill uses ancient methods of grinding wheat. (© Mark Lipczynski)
5. Left: Chef Akils Chavez at his flamboyant La Fisheria restaurant in Houston. Right: Frozen yogurt at an ice cream parlor in Phoenix, Arizona. (© Mark Lipczynski)
6. Augustine Salquido serves spicy tacos at Burrio Queen in Scottsdale, Arizona. Right: Tacos served at the Joyride Taco House in Gilbert, Arizona. (© Mark Lipczynski)
7. In March 2014, Lipczynski published the first issue of his Bite magazine, which debuted at a local event called "The Consumed Phoenix." (© Mark Lipczynski)
8. One of the funniest articles in the first issue of the magazine was a story about a beer store in Tucson, Arizona. (© Mark Lipczynski)
9. The photo of the cocktail became the main one for the opening of the section dedicated to drinks. (© Mark Lipczynski)
10. An article about the Kitchen on Wheels, the veggie van owned by Erin and Chad Romanoff. This married couple cooks some pretty bold and tasty dishes that they sell right in the van. (© Mark Lipczynski)
Keywords: Food | Chef | Food photographyPost News Article
Film production is such a mysterious industry that it never ceases to amaze people from less creative fields. We share amazing ...
Once upon a time, hygiene was not treated as scrupulously as it is now. However, this does not apply to all ethnic groups, but only ...
In the 30s of the last century, the world was shocked by the tragedy that occurred at one of the factories in the United States. At ...
A low-calorie meal does not have to be tasteless or non-nutritious. But for fearless gourmets, many different wonderful dishes are ...
During the pandemic, the number of overweight people has increased significantly. Doctors worry that if we continue to eat stress ...
People refrain from eating meat for various reasons. Some for ethical reasons, others for purposes of sanitation, and others — as ...