The 7 Strangest Overdose Cases

The 7 Strangest Overdose Cases

Categories: Health and Medicine

Not drugs and alcohol, which, as is known, in excessive quantities can be dangerous to health and even to life. Few, however, know that you can die by drinking too much water or... soy sauce. Read the strangest overdose cases that have happened to real people.

The 7 Strangest Overdose Cases

The 7 Strangest Overdose Cases

This case occurred in Santa Barbara in the USA. The man was found dead in his car, in which paper bags and about 100 small containers with nitrogen oxide, which is known as laughing gas, were also found. It is unknown whether the man died as a result of an accident or chose such an unusual method of suicide.

The 7 Strangest Overdose Cases

A 19-year-old boy with unusual poisoning was taken to a hospital in Virginia. As it turned out, he drank a whole bottle of soy sauce on a bet. Such a large amount of salt in the body caused neurological problems, as a result of which the guy fell into a coma for three days.

The 7 Strangest Overdose Cases

An overdose of caffeine with the traditional use of coffee or energy drinks is possible only in cases when a person drinks them in huge quantities - several dozen cups. However, in 2010, Briton Michael Lee Bedford died due to excessive caffeine in the blood. How did this happen? The man swallowed about two teaspoons of pure caffeine, purchased by him on the Internet, despite the fact that there was a warning on the package about the maximum allowable dose, which is 1/16 teaspoon. The amount of caffeine that got into Bedford's body corresponded to 70 cans of energy drinks consumed.

The 7 Strangest Overdose Cases

In the USA, this high-profile case was discussed in all the media. A 47-year-old woman from Detroit has been drinking a large teapot of tea every day for more than ten years, which was brewed from at least 10 tea bags. As it turned out, the woman thus earned skeletal fluorosis — a disease that was caused by the fact that too much fluoride got into the body along with strong tea. Symptoms of fluorosis are joint pain and increased bone fragility.

The 7 Strangest Overdose Cases

In February 2010, New Zealander Natasha Harris died in her apartment, and at first no one could understand why this happened. As it turned out later, the woman had been drinking several liters of Cola a day for more than ten years, which led to the deterioration of her body. This sweet drink caused her arrhythmia, which eventually killed her.

The 7 Strangest Overdose Cases

It may seem absurd, but you can die from an overdose of water. Such a case occurred with Jennifer Lee Strange, who died in 2007 after drinking several liters of water too quickly in a row. Excess water is dangerous because it leads to dilution of electrolytes in the blood, which can lead to brain death.

The 7 Strangest Overdose Cases

Such stories, as a rule, at first cause laughter, but an overdose of viagra can be deadly. Such a case occurred in 2009 with Sergey Tuganov, a mechanic from Russia, who died after drinking a whole pack of Viagra. Death probably occurred as a result of a heart attack.

Recent articles

Veterinarians told about the unenviable share of hamsters — illness, suffering, early death
Veterinarians told about the unenviable share of hamsters — ...

The unkind joke that the task of a hamster is to show a child death is not far from the truth. Scientists conducted research and ...

Top 20 fat-burning and metabolism-regulating foods
Top 20 fat-burning and metabolism-regulating foods

As you know, to look your best, first of all you need to say goodbye to the extra pounds. A huge number of various diets offer us ...

What is this thing? 40 mysterious objects and their purpose
What is this thing? 40 mysterious objects and their purpose

Man is an inquisitive being. That's why the Reddit community of What is this thing is very popular - it has 1.8 million ...