Stylist's 2023 Trends Guide: What to Buy on SaleBy Vika https://pictolic.com/en/article/stylists-2023-trends-guide-what-to-buy-on-sale
We analyze current colors, fabrics, and styles.
stylist-expert of the interactive department store Shopping Live
In 2022, the shows of leading designers were surprised with a variety of feminine, daring, and unusual trends. The return of images already familiar to us, new trends, and a fresh look at familiar things - it can be difficult to understand this. But we will try to put everything on the shelves.
What fashion trends will be sustainable in the coming year? We understand and, plunging into the sale abundance, we rely on them.
In 2023, designers propose to wear again the shade of “butter” beloved by many. Pale yellow makes the look light and delicate and also pairs perfectly with white, taupe, and denim. Solar shades appeared on the shows of many fashion houses.
1. Fiery red deserves special attention. It was found more often than others in collections and fits well into a wide variety of styles. Relevant as single things, and images, completely made in scarlet tones.
Viva Magenta has been named Color of the Year by the Pantone Institute. It is close to red but has notes of soft pink and purple. It looks bold and adds such energy to the side that it is impossible to take your eyes off it. Raincoats, leather skirts, and dresses of this shade look stylish. If you are not used to bright and bold solutions, add at least one purple element, such as a textured hat or bag, and you will definitely not remain indifferent to this color scheme.
2. Muted green has become another trend. Grassy tones give the image freshness, and warmth and easily stand out among neutral shades. Pale blue and lavender did not stand aside either. Pink also looks modern in its various manifestations, from delicate to rich with a purple undertone.
The new season promises us the return of the snake print, which appeared in almost all shows. Jackets, skirts, and dresses of this color give every fashionista the opportunity to try herself in an unusual way.
Among the materials, denim became the leader. It can be worn in total bows and individual items of clothing - tops, jackets, and even raincoats. On the catwalks, we see images of aged jeans, but you need to be careful with such things. If you are not confident in your skills in combining things, then it is better to give preference to the classic version of this fabric or its slightly boiled version.
3. Leather outfits remain relevant. Tops and jackets in various combinations will not be a revelation for many. Of the novelties, it is worth taking a closer look at leather dresses of interesting styles: one-shoulder, fitted or straight, with a print or a combination of two colors of this material.
Elements made of airy fabrics - tops, skirts, dresses - became a fashion statement. If a translucent total bow is too bold a decision for you, then you can limit yourself to mesh, chiffon, or organza inserts.
4. Soft and cozy textures continue to please with their variety. Plush, velvet, and velvet do not give up their positions and appear in both evening and everyday looks. The same can be said about the fringe. It is actively used in scarves, dresses, skirts, and even bags. When moving, this finish adds dynamism and grace to the image.
Lace went out of fashion for a while, but in 2023 it returns in a new guise. Crochet or knitted openwork fabric can be part of the decor of the dress, and the most daring designers offer tops, cardigans, and dresses made entirely of this material.
The designers were inspired by 2000s aesthetics and lingerie style. At the head of fashion trends are opposites: mini and maxi lengths. In winter, short skirts and shorts are not the warmest options, but they can always be supplemented with tight tights and high boots.
Floor-length skirts and dresses look more restrained but no less sexy. Now long outfits do not have to wait for an important event. Laconic maxi-length looks can be worn every day.
5. Corsets also came to us straight from zero. They can be independent wardrobe items. They can also be worn over a skirt or trousers. Combinations with delicate dresses and overalls look actual.
Crop tops and lingerie-style bras go great with low-rise trousers and skirts. They are an independent element, but they also look beautiful as part of multi-layered images. For example, with a leather jacket or a cardigan.
Cutouts on the ribs, hips, and waist this season surprise with their geometric diversity. It is important to understand that a plain dress with original cuts does not require additional decor. This is a finished, unusual, and concise image.
6. Even the simplest bow becomes interesting if you unbutton the bottom buttons of a shirt or cardigan. But the hearts of designers won and clothes without straps. To make the image stylish and not defiant, it is better to choose one bare part of the body. Dresses with bare shoulders are the best solution for a luxurious exit.
Pleating came back into fashion last season and remains relevant in 2023. But now we are not only looking at skirts. Dresses, trench coats, and even trousers are supplied with pleated details.
The immortal classics of business and everyday looks - suits - also did not go unnoticed. In 2023, we will see looser and softer silhouettes: asymmetrical cuts, wide-shouldered jackets, and business skirts with bold slits.