Stupid design decisions in public placesBy Vika https://pictolic.com/en/article/stupid-design-decisions-in-public-places
We often form our opinion of a city by evaluating the quality of its public spaces. If they give us a hard life, chances are we won't be too excited. That is why stupid design decisions in public places are so visible.
And, unfortunately, there are many ways in which urban planners and interior designers mess up our daily lives and force us into horrific, anxiety-provoking situations.
They make us sit on uncomfortable benches, walk-on dirty floors.
To show how ridiculous this can be, we've rounded up some of the worst public space "solutions" ever made - we deserve better.
1. Armchairs are waiting for you at the receptions of laser vision correction clinics.
2. No words are needed here.
3. This fountain looks like the perfect place to relax.
4. As if public toilets weren't bothersome enough.
5. Gas station in Nebraska. The station's color scheme was red.
6. The design of the school is the place where all the corridors intersect.
7. Two windows are constantly fighting for the honor of being the one they are about to open.
8. Fake escalator.
9. Flat carpet in a hotel in Cologne, Germany, imitating a curved surface.
10. Worst watch.