Strengthen bones! What foods contain more calcium than milk?By Vika https://pictolic.com/en/article/strengthen-bones-what-foods-contain-more-calcium-than-milk
Legumes. It can be beans, lentils, or chickpeas. Legumes contain about 15% of the daily calcium requirement. They are very nutritious and satisfying, but at the same time, they improve digestion well. Also, they contain a lot of protein. In addition, legumes can lower cholesterol levels and have a beneficial effect on blood sugar levels. Besides, they are not expensive.
1. Almonds. We all know about the benefits of nuts. They contain many nutrients and trace elements. Almonds contain the highest amount of calcium of all nuts. And this is 7% of calcium from the daily requirement. There is also a lot of vitamin E in almonds. But this wonderful nut is very high in calories, so do not get carried away.
2. Seeds. Such as sesame, pumpkin seeds, flax, poppy, and chia. Each of these products contains up to 13% of the daily value of calcium! Plus, they are super tasty additions to your meals. Seeds are a source of healthy fats, which are also necessary for our bodies.
3. Hard cheese. This is the only dairy product that contains the most calcium! Tellingly, hard cheese contains more calcium than soft cheese. It is better to use cheese in its pure form, without heat treatment. So it is best absorbed, and you can be sure that all useful microelements have gone to your body.
4. Eggshell. It's no secret that this product contains the most calcium. Crushed shells are the easiest and most affordable source of calcium. Just half a teaspoon will provide you with a daily intake of this vitamin. Still, among people, the shell is used to strengthen the immune system and fertilize the soil.
5. Parsley. Good plant source of calcium. Just imagine: parsley leaves contain more calcium than milk! These greens are also rich in vitamin C and help cleanse the intestines of toxins. Parsley will be useful for anemia, as it contains a lot of iron.
6. Green vegetables like broccoli and kale. These vegetables have about 45 mg of calcium per 100 g. Broccoli also contains phosphorus and magnesium, which helps to better absorb calcium. An interesting fact: these vegetables do not lose calcium during heat treatment, therefore they are useful both cooked and raw.
7. Canned fish, in particular salmon and sardines. The main source of calcium in fish is their bones. This is perfect for canned fish. Since the bones soften during heat treatment, they can be easily consumed. These fish also contain beneficial omega-3 fatty acids.
8. Soy. In today's world, there are more and more vegetarians. Since few people consume dairy products among them, soy helps a lot! This product is rich not only in protein but also in calcium. And it is absorbed by the body easily and quickly. And this product is also dietary, so if you follow your figure, you can safely include soy in your diet.
9. Dried figs complete our list. Only 7 pieces of this dried fruit contain 10% of the daily calcium requirement! Cardiologists recommend regular consumption of this product, as it prevents hypertension and contains a lot of potassium. Figs lower cholesterol levels and help fight anemia.