Retro photos of animals
Categories: AnimalsBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/en/article/retro-photos-of-animals
We bring to your attention retro photos of animals that were taken mainly at the beginning of the last century. In this post you will see not only vintage photos of pets, but also postcards with them, as well as sketches.
1. The Christmas disaster. Sir, a rat escaped from the cage and ate our turkey. A drawing by Louis Vane made in 1906. (Photo by Detroit Publishing Company)
2. Tommy Atkins, 1905. (Photo by Detroit Publishing Company)
3. "Professor", 1934.
4. The dog on the postcard, 1910.
5. Dogs in hats, 1932.
6. Puffing dogs puzzled the professor, 1933. In the photo: two dogs belonging to Billy Moncrief, the son of Colonel and Mrs. Soncrief, with pipes in their mouths. (Photo by Underwood & Underwood)
7. "I'm a bad dog! And you?" — this is the name of this painting by M. Coolridge, created in 1885. A Boston terrier with a bloody muzzle. Probably, in the XIX century there was a different approach to cruelty to animals.
8. Sleeping children and a dog, 1932.
9. A cat dressed in the style of the 1900s. 1906.
10. Cats never answer incorrectly; they don't answer at all. Postcard, 1905.
11. We sit well, 1932.
12. Photo of 1951. Model William Black feeds his 47 cats. (Fred Palumo)
13. Ardolph Lodges Kline is a Republican politician who became mayor of New York after the death of the previous mayor William Jay Gaynor — with his son-in—law Fred Schnell. Photos of the period 1910-1915. (Photo by Bain News Service)
14. Dog with a pipe, 1905. (Photo by Detroit Publishing Company)
15. (Photo by Het Leven)
16. All animals are big and small. Dog Show, 1923. (USA National Photo Compnay)
17. Mrs. must be a bitch, 1905. (Photo by Detroit Publishing Company)
18. Six and a half puppies, 1932.
19. Flying cat Pari, 1910. During the first airplane flight across the English Channel, American aviator John Moissan took his beloved cat Pari with him. Later that year, Moissan died in a plane crash near New Orleans.
20. Old sea dog. 1905. (Photo by Detroit Publishing Company)
21. A German non-commissioned officer feeds a puppy during the First World War. Ca. 1915.
22. Mr. and Mrs. Frank Kern and their trained Bobby, circa 1905. (Photo by Detroit Publishing Co. Collection at the Library of Congress)
23. Farewell to the soldier, and the cunning cat Bobby. Sydney, ca. 1939-1945. (Photo by Sam Hood)
Some time ago we already reported that the cats and the cats are in fact liquid. But did you know that other domestic and wild ...
Equipped with three luxurious pools and a thousand of all sorts of "trinkets" - Andrey Melnichenko's insanely ...
Food should be not only tasty, but also healthy - everyone knows this, which is why the topic of healthy eating is so relevant ...