Real places that look like places from the George Martin sagaBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/en/article/real-places-that-look-like-places-from-the-george-martin-saga1
Westeros is one of the continents of the fictional world from the famous saga "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George Martin. The book itself is rich in descriptions of many beautiful places where the main events take place. In the series, most of the scenes are filmed in pavilions specially built for this purpose, but many real cities have become the prototype of the fictional attractions of "Game of Thrones". So, let's see what real places could become prototypes of "attractions" from the book and the series.
1. Gravensten, Ghent - Winterfell.
2. Marienburg, Poland - Royal Harbor.
3. Mont Saint-Michel, France - Riverrun.
4. Chenonceau Castle, France - Gemini.
5. Guaita Fortress, San Marino - Eagle's Nest.
6. Kenilworth Castle, England – Harrenhal.
7. Neuschwanstein Castle, Germany - Casterly Rock.
8. Alhambra, Spain - Solar Spear.
9. Princely Palace, Monaco - Storm limit.
10. Dunluce Castle, Ireland -Pike.
11. Potala Palace, Tibet - Astapor.
12. Hohenzollern Castle, Germany – Highgarden.
13. Ali Kapu, Iran - Water Gardens.
14. Bojnice Castle, Slovakia - Castamere.
15. Lindisfarne Castle, England - Cailin Moat.
16. Taktsang-lakhang, Bhutan - And Ti.
17. Pena Palace, Portugal - Quart.
18. Dolmabahce, Turkey - White Harbor.
19. Devin Castle, Slovakia - Dragonstone.
20. Belen Tower, Portugal - Tower of Joy.
21. Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA - The House of Mormont, Bear Island.