Poignant portraits of the Iberian Roma in the style of old paintingsPictolic
Madrid photographer Pierre Honor (Pierre Gonnord) created a series of photographs entitled "Dreams over time" (The Dream Goes Over Time). Photographer takes expressive portraits in the style of old master paintings, as models using local nomadic Gypsies, who have never stood in front of the camera.
1. A native of France, 53-year-old Pierre Gondor has long been based in Spain, but his photographs are famous all over the world due to its unique style, reminiscent of the paintings of the old masters.
2. In the framework of the project "Dreams over time" Madrid's photographer made portraits of Gypsies leading a nomadic life on the Iberian Peninsula.
3. Usually the photographer arrives directly at the place of their stops and immediately starts the work in his mobile Studio.
4. Honor carefully studied these marginal segments of the population, almost untouched by modern influence of globalization and, therefore, his portraits are filled with unique details.
5. Portraits of Honora style reminiscent of the paintings of the old masters distinguished artists of Western Europe, which worked until the 18th century, such as Giotto.
6. Just as in the old pictures, on the expressive portraits of the Madrid photographer's dark background, and the light catches only the main subject. Models in natural poses looking directly at the viewer.
7. A photographer does not romanticizes the models without adding to the glamour. Images on pictures — "the quintessence of raw reality."
8. Also in the series there are also pictures of animals, not less expressive and picturesque.