Niels Jorgensen's funny street picturesVika
The most important thing in street photography is to be observant and a little cheeky, according to Niels Jorgensen, a photojournalist who has become famous for his interesting street photography, which has received many prestigious awards. We have chosen for you, in our opinion, the most original of his works, which, we guarantee, will make you smile. See Niels Jorgensen's funny street photography.
1. Although Niels Jorgensen works as a photojournalist for the British press, he is considered an eccentric and creative master of street photography in his homeland. (Photo: Nils Jorgensen).
2. Niels began to take an interest in photography as a child. His father was an amateur photographer and shared all his knowledge with his son. While still in school, Niels “dragged through the streets” during breaks and photographed everything that was possible, without any plan. This was, according to the photographer, the beginning of his "adventure with street photography." (Photo: Nils Jorgensen).
3. After leaving school, Niels Jorgensen entered West Surrey College of Art and Design, but dropped out after a while. “Despite this, I learned a lot back then. The darkroom and library activities were fantastic, I borrowed as many photography books from the library as possible. " (Photo: Nils Jorgensen).
4. An important moment in the life of Niels Jorgensen was the day he came to the Associated Press in London and convinced the legendary German photojournalist Horst Faas - winner of two Pulitzer prizes - to hire him as a photojournalist to cover events in East Africa. (Photo: Nils Jorgensen).
5. “I don’t live from street photography and I couldn’t even make money from it,” the photographer explains. "All I care about is the ability to take photos according to my own ideas, and being a photo reporter allows me to fund this addiction that I am obsessed with." (Photo: Nils Jorgensen).
6. “You have to be smart in street photography,” says Niels Jorgensen, adding that “most interesting photographs are a matter of luck, but that happiness can be earned.” (Photo: Nils Jorgensen).
7. "When creating a composition, I follow my feelings and try to find that one good moment." (Photo: Nils Jorgensen).
8. “Everything is in constant motion until the moment you click and then everything freezes, and this is the only way you can control it. The only thing you can do is take a picture at the right moment. This is what is most important to me in street photography, otherwise, I would become a studio photographer. " (Photo: Nils Jorgensen).
9. According to the photographer, street photography is extremely fun and interesting, but many people do not have the courage to start photographing strangers who fear that they will be accused of violating their privacy. (Photo: Nils Jorgensen).
10. Niels was detained many times by the police for taking pictures of people on the street, but they always let him go, because when photographing someone in public places, in England you do not need to have the permission of that person. (Photo: Nils Jorgensen).
11. "If you want to do street photography, then you must have eyes on the back of your head because you never know when you will see something interesting," the photographer advises. (Photo: Nils Jorgensen).
12. “Is it a matter of chance? For me, such a concept does not exist, ”says Niels Jorgensen. “Wherever I go, I always check if I have taken a camera with me, and when I see something interesting, I concentrate only on this, the rest of the world ceases to exist for me.” (Photo: Nils Jorgensen).
13. Other very interesting and funny street photographs of Nils Jorgensen can be viewed on his website - nilsjorgensen.com. (Photo: Nils Jorgensen).
14. (Photo: Nils Jorgensen).
15. (Photo: Nils Jorgensen).
16. (Photo: Nils Jorgensen).
17. (Photo: Nils Jorgensen).
18. (Photo: Nils Jorgensen).
19. (Photo: Nils Jorgensen).
20. (Photo: Nils Jorgensen).
21. (Photo: Nils Jorgensen).
22. (Photo: Nils Jorgensen).
23. (Photo: Nils Jorgensen).