Never Give Up, or Life After a Shark Attack
Categories: SocietyBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/article/never-give-up-or-life-after-a-shark-attack
Many in his place would have fallen into despondency, but not Paul de Gelder, who five years ago lost an arm and a leg in an attack by a bull shark ... Now he inspires others to small feats of life.
Paul de Gelder, 36, served as an Australian Navy diver when he lost two limbs when attacked by a male bull shark during an anti-terror exercise in Sydney Harbor in February 2009. Now Paul travels around Australia, telling his story to inspire others to overcome life's adversities.
(Total 12 photos)
1. Paul de Gelder comes out of the water after swimming in Balmoral Beach in Sydney Harbor. In his 36 years, Paul managed to be a drug dealer, a stripper, a military diver, survive a shark attack, and then become a motivational speaker, a book author, an activist, and even star in a TV series.
2. Having lost two limbs after a shark attack, Paul did not give up, but made his life even richer and more interesting, becoming an example and a source of inspiration for others.
3. Paul de Gelder gives a motivational speech to the staff of M & C Saatchi Worldwide in Sydney, Australia.
4. Paul trains at the gym in Sydney. Not so long ago, he got the lead role in a series called Fearless, which is going to be released by Microsoft.
5. Paul during a swim in Balmoral Beach in Sydney Harbor.
6. During a medical examination at the naval base HMAS Penguin.
7. Currently, Paul is watching the behavior of great white sharks with scientists while filming a documentary for the Discovery Channel in South Australia.
8. Paul is a member of The Pew Environment Group, a company that lobbies for new shark conservation funds.
9. Paul de Gelder is preparing for the race in Pyrmont.
10. Paul's story was chronicled in the book No Time For Fear, published by Pinguin in 2011.
11. Paul de Gelder's army badge hangs from the rear-view mirror in a car.
12. Paul de Gelder while jogging in Pyrmont.
Paul de Gelder: Life after the shark attack
Keywords: Sharks | Life | Disabled | Legs | ArmsPost News Article
The digital age gives us the deceptive belief that humanity has thoroughly studied the world around us and there are no miracles. ...
Incredible images from above have revealed to the world the traces of the Second World War in the Pacific region. What remains of ...
Having released several parts of the animated film "Shrek", the DreamWorks film studio, for some reason, hid the fact that the ...
Our house — our fortress, and during the quarantine, it is also a work place, gym and school. Clean the apartment now need ...
South Korea is one of the five largest automakers in the world and is famous for its sophisticated and well-groomed girls. The ...
In the Italian town Venzone in the province of Udine people have long lived side by side with the mummies. Drank tea with them, had ...