Writes a LiveJournal blogger Vitaliy Raskalov: the day before yesterday returned from the hot Cairo. I want to tell you a little story about how we climbed to the top of one of the seven wonders of the world.
To get to the pyramid we had about 5 hours to hide from the guards in the tomb near the foot of Cheops shivered from the cold. We had to climb. It's now or never! Climb the stone slabs of the oldest structure of humanity to the sounds of prayer, a terrible echo rescatistas at Giza, realizing that that's what we'll be upstairs, fearing that we might see an armed guard, to admire from the spectacle, understand that you'll climb the only surviving wonder of the world, risking being crushed to death. It was one of the most intense nights of my life. A huge thank you to good friends who have been there and supported the crazy idea to climb the pyramid.
1. We got on the territory of the pyramids earlier in the day, like most ordinary tourists on the ticket. The complex is open from 9 am to 4 PM. Actually at 4 PM we sat down, and began to wait for darkness and a chance of something to climb.
2. The process of climbing. Climb over the rocks very dangerous, many of them spilling right under your feet. The height of the pyramid is almost 140 meters, the base 922 meters.
3. The main view of the Pyramid of khafra, there is more to remove to be honest nothing.
4. At the very top of the pyramid a lot of paintings and inscriptions, and in different languages. Ranging from Arabic, to the Russian, French. There are legends that there is also a painting of Nicholas II.
5. From the edge of the stand was dangerous, could see the guard. Why all the shots were done in the same situation. For the pictures again thank you dedmaxopka. Just want to tell you that the law of Egypt, the penetration of the pyramid can be punished with imprisonment from 1 to 3 years.
6. We already on the top of the pyramid of menkaure, it is the smallest of the three great pyramids. Its height is only 65 meters. It is possible to get very easy, it is practically not protected.
8. This whole desert, it is among other things the complex of the Egyptian pyramids.
10. With the pyramids on it.
11. We returned to Cairo and settled in the center of the city, to be honest Cairo is one of those cities where you do not want to come back.
12. Faceless and gray city surrounded on all sides by slums.
13. The area of Cairo just 214км2, but its population in the Metropolitan area is 30 million people, making it one of the most densely populated cities on the planet.
15. In Cairo is going on the real fun, almost every weekend they organize protests and arson. Recently burned police headquarters.
19. Here's an example we were walking down the street, and then Oban, and someone in one of the buildings has launched a Molotov cocktail.
20. Tahrir square, home to several hundred protesters in tents. Their favorite activity in the evenings, it dobitsya to tourists or among themselves to put up a fight. Most protesters are young people under the age of 25 years, they are all unemployed.
21. Local street art near the area are strongly advised not even to get the camera. May well hang and break technique.
22. Somehow over Cairo. Hope not coming here any more.