Models gracing the runway at Miami Swim Week pose in ribbon bikinisBy Vika https://pictolic.com/en/article/models-gracing-the-runway-at-miami-swim-week-pose-in-ribbon-bikinis
The designer, who is bringing new meaning to the phrase "less is more", showcased his latest collection of swimwear made entirely from adhesive tape.
Tape King Joel Alvarez founded the fashion brand Black Tape Project back in 2008 and uses a wide range of different tapes, including mirrors and metallic tapes, to create custom designs.
In his latest collection, models walked the Faena Forum catwalk in Miami Beach on Saturday nights, while Alvarez created some of his simpler designs live in front of an audience.
1. The designer uses a skin-friendly art body band to create a revealing bikini design.
2. The model wears a black and pink bikini with studs and lace, braids, and ethnic makeup.
3. The limited-edition collection was filled with bright colors, mosaics were widely used in Alvarez's designs; models combined the look with platform sandals.
4. The Black Tape project is in high demand around the world and Alvarez says he is regularly asked to appear at festivals and nightclubs with his daring designs.
5. The rearview leaves little to the imagination.
6. The model of the swimsuit is decorated with a diamond pattern consisting of only four pieces of braid.
7. "Artistic Environment": Alvarez says he now travels the world, showcasing and creating new designs with his range of ribbons.
8. A blonde model with a braid in her hair and a mosaic ribbon bikini that looked almost like a fig leaf in the design.
9. Designer Joel Alvarez says he first came up with the idea of using tape from a model, saying, “One day in 2008, I was a rookie photographer who worked with a model who suggested that I use duct tape for the last look. To be honest, I had no idea why she needed it, but to make her happy, I tried to use this ribbon as a wardrobe item. "