Mass swim blue caps in Lake ZurichBy Vika https://pictolic.com/en/article/mass-swim-blue-caps-in-lake-zurich
9,000 people simultaneously entered the waters of Lake Zurich to swim across it. This tradition, called "Seeüberquerung" or "crossing the lake", is almost 30 years old. A Reuters photojournalist visited the site of this unusual event and captured the participants in the swim in blue caps.
1. The beginning of this unusual tradition was laid by students, or rather, a group of students, consisting of 250 people, who for the first time in 1985 swam across the lake in blue swimming caps. (Photo: ARND WIEGMANN/REUTERS).
2. Every year this event attracts thousands of people. Actually, as well as this year, during the 27th "crossing the lake". (Photo: ARND WIEGMANN/REUTERS).
3. 9 thousand people in blue caps swam 1500 meters. (Photo: ARND WIEGMANN/REUTERS).
4. To this day, the blue swimming cap is the "entry ticket" to this event. (Photo: ARND WIEGMANN/REUTERS).
5. 9 thousand participants is a new record for the Seeüberquerung tradition and all thanks to good weather. The air temperature was +33 degrees Celsius, and the water was + 11. (Photo: ARND WIEGMANN / REUTERS).
6. This is not the only event that takes place on Lake Zurich. On July 26, the 18th swimming marathon will be held here. Participants will have to swim 26 kilometers. (Photo: ARND WIEGMANN/REUTERS).