Malaysia in picturesVika
A small but prosperous country with a rapidly growing economy. Meet Malaysia in pictures.
1. Kuala Lumpur is the capital of Malaysia and the most populous city in the country. Population - over 1.5 million people.
2. Glass floor of a shopping center in Petaling Jaya, a satellite city of the Malay capital of Kuala Lumpur.
3. A fountain in front of a shopping center in Shah Alam. Malaysia is home to approximately 29 million people, most of whom live near the capital.
4. Aquarium fish at the night market in Ipoh - a densely populated city north of the capital. The night market is called Pasar Malam and was established 30 years ago.
5. A narrow alley with adjoining wooden houses at Chew Jetty on Penang Island.
6. Hindu communities make up approximately 8% of the population of Malaysia. Near the statue, they celebrate Diwali, the Hindu festival of lights.
7. Residents buy vegetables at the night market in Bukit Rotan, a small town in Malaysia.
8. Observation deck in Kuala Lumpur. On the right, you can see the Petronas Twin Towers, which rise above all other buildings in the capital.
9. The Mosque of the Straits of Malacca also serves as a lighthouse in the Straits of Malacca.
10. Columns of a newly built building in Shah Alam. There is a growing concern in Malaysia that further commercial development and development could harm the country's environment.
11. Muslims gather for Friday prayers at a mosque at Kuala Lumpur International Airport.
12. Wall decorated with LED lights in a Kuala Lumpur hotel. Malaysia is one of the largest exporters of electrical appliances and electronic components.