The Baltic States in the Soviet years was something like their "little abroad" is a beautiful, clean streets of the Baltic cities, mysterious names in Latin, no shortage of shops, beautiful girls in fashionable clothes. Holiday in Palanga or Jurmala it was considered more prestigious than on the black sea coast. And beautiful Riga in the Soviet years, has become a permanent film set for movies about "foreign life". Its elegant streets, where so many historic buildings — from medieval to art Nouveau, appeared in dozens of paintings of those years.
We invite you to stroll through the photogenic streets of Riga 80-ies with these rare images.
1. It is not easy to throw a letter into the mailbox if you're an underclassman.
2. Riga trendy young people of the 80s.
3. Street Marstal in Old Riga.
4. Retrocar on Lenin street (now — street Brivibas).
5. Lenin street is the Central street of Riga, which starts from the Freedom Monument ("Milda") and goes through the whole right Bank the city of Riga from Rainis Boulevard to the city boundary.
6. Girls on the background of the store "Books".
7. Skārņu Street.
8. Three brothers — a complex of historic buildings in the center of Old Riga.
9. The architectural details.
11. Booksellers in the city centre.
12. "Lada" on the streets of the Amata.
14. The girl and her collie on the platform.
15. Station square and the street Galiba Merkel.
16. Kirov street — cinema "Spartak" and "Riga".
17. So trendy in the 80's skateboarding in the Bikernieki sports recreation.
18. After the lessons.
19. Romantic Riga.
21. Races at the Bikernieki sports recreation.
23. One of the drivers.