Lake directly overheadVika
The tunnel, made of transparent glass, is located directly under the lake at a depth of 3 meters, and its length is eight meters. This unusual tunnel is located in the city of Modra in the Czech Republic. Its unique design creates an unforgettable impression that you have entered the underwater world.
See for yourself!
1. The tunnel under Lake Modra is a unique structure in Europe.
2. Exhibition of inhabitants of freshwater reservoirs of the Czech Republic is called "Living Water".
3. And although in the Czech city - Hradec Kralove - there is a similar tunnel, it is inferior in size to the tunnel under Lake Modra.
4. According to local authorities, the most difficult part of the tunnel design was choosing the correct seals for the connecting elements of the structure, as the water pressure is very high.
5. The construction of the underwater tunnel took a whole year.
6. The creators of the tunnel under Lake Modra call it a mini-aquatic zoo.
7. Walking along the bottom of the lake, you can observe the life of various representatives of flora and fauna that live in the rivers and lakes of the Czech Republic.
8. The inhabitants of the lake are, of course, carps, catfish, pikes, as well as large almost two-meter beluga and other fish.
9. The tunnel was originally planned as an educational project for children and students. Here you can clearly get acquainted with the representatives of freshwater fish living in the reservoirs of the Czech Republic. And also see the place of "wintering" of fish, which is at a depth of 6.5 meters.
10. There is a unique exposition in the tunnel where visitors can hear and see waterfowl, and imaginary streams of rivers "flow" on the floor at this time.
11. The tunnel under Lake Modra was opened in December 2012 and since then it has been very popular among residents of the country and foreign tourists.