Kote-facts. About what you didn't know about whiskered pets!
Categories: AnimalsBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/en/article/kote-facts-about-what-you-didnt-know-about-whiskered-pets
A cat, along with a dog, is a constant "companion" of a person. The history of domestication of this animal dates back more than 9500 years ago. Cats performed the role of rodent hunters, thus preventing damage to property (primarily crops). To date, cats have unprecedented popularity among animal lovers. A whole industry has been created for them, producing special food, toys, clothes, etc. 1. Cats are the most popular pets in the USA.
So, 88 million cats account for only 74 million dogs. (JiKang Lee)
2. Cats are able to recognize the owner's voice, but in most cases they prefer to ignore it. (Goneys)
3. A cat named Stubbs has been acting as the mayor of Talkeetna, Alaska since 1997. (Cody Wellons)
4. In Japan, a meeting with a black cat promises good luck. (Tambako The Jaguar)
5. Cats are in a state of sleep for 70% of their life. (stratman² (2 many pix!))
6. The maximum recorded length of the cat's body was 1.23 meters. The record belonged to a cat named Stewie of the Maine Coon breed. (Matt Biddulph)
7. Adult cats meow only to attract human attention. (David J Laporte)
8. In the 1960s, the CIA spent $20 million on training cats to spy on the Russians. The first spy cat was hit by a car. (RSPCA WOAW)
9. A cat named Dusty is the record holder for the number of offspring. Between 1935 and 1952, she gave birth to 420 kittens. (Goneys)
10. The surface of a cat's nose can be compared to human fingerprints. Everyone's surface pattern is unique. (Jonas Schmid)
11. Cats are able to survive a fall from a height thanks to their reflexes. (Akimasa Harada)
12. There is no law in Switzerland prohibiting the consumption of dog and cat meat. (Pranavian)
13. In Korea, Japan and a number of other countries there are cat cafes where you can not only drink a cup of coffee, but also spend time in the company of animals. (Takashi Hososhima)
14. Cats have 32 muscles that control the movement of the ear, while humans have only six. (Andreas Levers)15. Cats can't taste sweet. (Allegra)16. Every year the Chinese eat more than 4 million cats.
The dish is considered a delicacy. (Jared Schmidt)
17. SS is the nickname of the world's first cloned cat. Stands for Carbon copy ("Made under a carbon copy"). (Lab Science Career)
Every year in early September, the streets of New York become like Rio de Janeiro during the famous carnival. This is how the West ...
32-year-old famous British stylist named Daniel Johnson (Daniel Johnson) proved that he is a real artist. Armed with scissors and a ...
Sunglasses are a typical fashion accessory of the 20th century. Although colored glasses were used to protect the eyes from the ...