An unusual tree called Jabuticaba fruits grow directly on the trunk.
1. The plant is also known as Brazilian grape tree. It grows in Portugal, Argentina and, mainly, as their name implies, in Brazil. Juicy purple fruit you can pick and eat straight from the tree.
2. Jaboticaba the fruits are a popular ingredient for making jams and freshly squeezed juices. Moreover, they make wine or hard liquor. Sometimes there's just no other choice. The fact that the fruit is not subject to long-term storage. Three days later, after removing them from the tree fermentation starts.
3. You'll need patience, if You want to get one of these trees in their area. It grows 100 years, but when it reaches maturity, it is worth the effort. It is proved that the plant adapts well. The best environment for him is moisture and slightly acidic soil, but it would be nice to grow even in alkaline soil type.
4. Twice a year on the tree, the flowers appear. They look a little strange alien creatures, sleeping in the branches and the trunk. The peculiarity of the appearance of the flowers directly on the trunk or stem of the plant is growth of new shoots is called "cauliflory".
5. If the plant receives enough moisture, it blooms and bears fruit all year round. The size of the fetus is about 4 cm in diameter. The fruit contains up to 4 large seeds. In addition to the fact that the grapes are eaten, their skins in dried form is used for the treatment of asthma and diarrhoea.
6. . If You have inflamed tonsils, You can try to mitigate the inflammation by using them. In addition, the fruit jaboticaba discovered several anti-cancer components. It is hoped that the plant may be useful in the fight against this disease.
9. Quite a useful plant, despite the slightly unusual form.