Incredible Dubai: Pictures of the UAE before the opening of the oilBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/en/article/incredible-dubai-pictures-of-the-uae-before-the-opening-of-the-oil
Today Dubai is a huge metropolis with skyscrapers, which looks futuristica any other city on earth. But in 1833, when Dubai was founded, the settlement numbered only 800 people who were engaged in fishing and fishing for pearls. Sometimes here I come the Bedouins and took simple huts created from palm trees.
The photos in this review show the life of this wonderful city in the 1950s and 60s, just before the discovery of oil. Just a few decades ago — but such an amazing difference!
1. Life in Dubai to find deposits of oil.
2. A caravan of camels should be via Dubai. 1960s.
3. The man with the hookah sells lemons and dried herbs.
4. The market in the city centre.
5. Bur Dubai, 1960s.
6. The Airport Of Dubai. 1971
8. Dubai from the height of bird flight. 1950s.
9. Quay line in Dubai. 1950s.
10. Men at prayer during a Muslim holiday in Dubai.
11. Oil in the Trucial Oman.
12. One of the bays in Dubai. 1960s.
13. Clock tower.
14. The first Jashanmal store in Dubai. 1956
15. The first aircraft landed on the new runway at the airport in Dubai was a Comet from Middle East Airlines in 1965
16. Water supply in Dubai. 1960s.