Illustrations reflecting what's wrong with our societyVika
What you are about to see are some pretty dark illustrations showing us what is wrong with society. Artist Mimi N. performed the SUN project along with four other contributors. Mimi started working on these comics in 2007. They became her therapy for the treatment of epileptic seizures. Since then, she has continued to provide us with an open interpretation of the boundaries between happiness and sadness, beauty and ugliness, and more.
1. The child is stuck between two bickering parents who do not see him.
2. We can all relate to this illustration because we always strive for acceptance on social media.
3. Words can hurt like a blow, or in this case, like hundreds of nails driven into the back.
4. Life is like a show and we try to play our roles on stage.
5. This is a great illustration of what suffering from social anxiety and insecurity looks like.
6. In a world where everyone believes that money is everything, people will break their backs to earn more.
7. Sometimes we need to be different.
8. You probably felt that your parents were pushing you to get that perfect A (five) in school.
9. What friends can say behind your back.
10. Everyone had such moments.