If Elephants don't Help: 24 Surefire Ways to Sleep, confirmed by scientific researchBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/en/article/if-elephants-dont-help-24-surefire-ways-to-sleep-confirmed-by-scientific-research
Quickly fall asleep and wake up refreshed — what many dream of. Being in constant stress and haste, we can not normally relax and see the long-awaited dream. Unfortunately, traditional methods, such as counting sheep and elephants, do not work for everyone. Scientists from all over the world have found 24 effective methods that can help the body fall into a sleepy state and have a good rest.
Learn how to fall asleep properly to wake up well, and practice the right ways, proven by science.
Good sleep is the key to health. But what if you can't sleep? It is not interesting to count banal elephants or sheep, and it is not always effective. Based on scientific facts and evidence, the scientists decided to summarize all the effective methods and made a list of 24 sure ways to fall asleep.
1. Embrace your soulmateHugs stimulate blood flow and reduce blood pressure. Hugs help reduce the release of the stress hormone cortisol, which will definitely help you fall asleep quickly.
2. Put on your socksWhen your feet are warm — it will be much easier and faster to fall asleep. Swiss scientists have found that warming the feet expands the blood vessels and helps distribute heat throughout the body.
3. Sleep on a tennis ballMost people sleep on their backs, which often causes snoring and shortness of breath. Experts advise you to sew a pocket on the back of your pajamas and put a tennis ball there at night. When you roll over on your back, the ball will let you know about the wrong position and make you roll over on your side.
4. Warm your eyesStudies by Japanese scientists have proven that heating the eyelids to 40 degrees not only helps you fall asleep faster, but also guarantees a deeper sleep. To do this, there are special blindfolds and pillows that can be heated in the microwave.
5. Fight for the blanketIf you lose in the tug-of-war at night, make a knight move: sleep with two blankets — each under its own.
6. Talk to yourselfIf your mind still can not calm down and a lot of thoughts continue to climb into your head, try to talk out loud. This activates areas of the brain that block thinking and slows down brain activity, because thoughts are always faster than words.
7. Don't eat chocolate in bedChocolate contains caffeine, so you should not snack on it before going to bed.
8. Take a nap in the afternoonIf you have a sleepless night, try to make up for the lack of sleep during the day. The most important thing is to sleep at the right time. Between 13.00 and 15.00, there is a slight decrease in body temperature, which causes the sleep hormone melatonin to be released. To take a nap during the day with benefit, do it around 14.00. A short sleep lasting no more than half an hour will help to cheer up and recover. But if you sleep longer, the effect will be the opposite: you will feel even more tired than before.
9. Play games in your mind
10. Try listening to a bedtime story
11. Cover yourself with a heavy blanket
12. Relax with a book
13. Allow your pet to sleep next to you
14. Blow soap bubbles
15. Find a happy place
16. Sing for yourself
17. Try not to sleep
18. Don't move
19. Get out of bed
20. Don't get hung up on an 8-hour nap
21. Sleep on the perfect pillow
22. Listen to the sounds of nature before going to bed
23. Turn on the radio
24. Did you wake up at night? Don't worry: this is normal
A good night's sleep guarantees a good continuation of the day. You should not neglect this, so you need to do everything to effectively get enough sleep and enjoy life. These life hacks for a healthy and sweet sleep will help you always be in shape.