How Moscow was decorated for the New Year 2022Vika
Every New Year, the Moscow authorities try to surpass the previous holiday season, transforming the city into a fabulous extravaganza. Colorful lights, sparkling garlands, huge Christmas trees, and holiday pavilions are scattered throughout Moscow. Let's plunge into festive Moscow and don't forget to find congratulations or New Year's wishes on Happycongrats.
1. In everyday life, Muscovites rarely go to Red Square or to the city center just for a walk. Usually, they just go about their business, only occasionally noticing how beautiful their city is. But during the New Year's season, regardless of the weather, tourists (who are few this year) and locals spend hours wandering around the completely transformed city.
2. The embankments of the Moskva River were decorated with champagne glasses. So even getting stuck in a New Year's traffic jam is (a little) more fun.
3. A whole forest of elegant Christmas trees appeared at the entrance to Gorky Park.
4. As well as a fabulous installation.
5. And the sparkling trees "grew" all over the city center.
6. The boulevards are decorated with various arches and suspended illumination. Tverskoy Boulevard has turned into an LED tunnel.
7. Huge signs “2022” are posted all over the city, and zero is used as the perfect place to pose.
8. Public gardens and parks all over Moscow have been turned into venues for the Journey to Christmas festival.
9. There are beautifully decorated Christmas trees, ice skating rinks, free carousels, and souvenir shops selling warm mittens and traditional Russian crafts.
10. There are many Instagram-worthy selfie content and locations.
11. Here you can feel like a character in The Nutcracker, which, thanks to the famous ballet by composer Pyotr Tchaikovsky, has become the main fairy tale associated with the New Year holidays. You can also meet Santa Claus.
12. The Christmas tree on Manezhnaya Square covers passers-by with its garland with a radius of 10 meters - can you imagine how many gifts will fit under its branches?
13. The square in front of the Bolshoi Theater, as in previous years, is decorated with a huge New Year's toy.
14. And the TSUM department store has turned into a giant New Year's gift tied with a ribbon.