Guy Bourdain: the most controversial fashion photographer
Categories: FashionBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/article/guy-bourdain-the-most-controversial-fashion-photographer
The "combed" sweetness oozing from the pages of modern fashion magazines would surely make Guy Bourdain, one of the most important fashion photographers of the past, spit. His works brought the viewer to life not by the beauty of the models' poses or the ideal exposition, but by an unusual approach to the organization of the frame, causing a wide range of emotions — from misunderstanding to anxiety and fun.
(12 photos in total)
1. Guy Bourdain was born in Paris on December 2, 1928, immediately after which his own mother abandoned him.
2. Perhaps due to the fact that the future artist was raised by his adoptive mother, whose surname he, by the way, took, his relationships with women have always been difficult.
3. The fact is that his wife, as well as two of his other girlfriends, committed suicide, and the mildest epithet characterizing Bourdain's treatment of models can be called "unceremoniously".
4. Guy's passion for photography began during his military service in Senegal in 1948-1949.
5. Upon returning to Paris in 1950, he met the equally famous Man Ray (Emmanuel Radnitsky), who saw great potential in Guy.
6. It was Man Ray who organized Guy's first solo exhibition, and also helped to develop the material for the 1953 photo exhibition.
7. A couple of years later, Guy Bourdain was invited to work for Vogue Paris magazine, where he remained a full-time fashion photographer almost all his life.
8. The difficult nature of the artist repelled people, and Guy himself preferred to communicate only with people he liked.
9. So, in 1985, he refused the prize awarded to him by the French Ministry of Arts.
10. Guy Bourdain died of cancer on May 29, 1991 in Paris.
11. According to the photographer's will, all his works were to be destroyed after his death, but since only part of the negatives were kept at home, it was not possible to do this.
12. Now all the affairs of the late father are conducted by his son Samuel.
Keywords: Masters of photography | Fashion photography | PhotographerPost News Article
Film production is such a mysterious industry that it never ceases to amaze people from less creative fields. We share amazing ...
Once upon a time, hygiene was not treated as scrupulously as it is now. However, this does not apply to all ethnic groups, but only ...
In the 30s of the last century, the world was shocked by the tragedy that occurred at one of the factories in the United States. At ...
German photographer Franz Christian Gundlach was born in 1926. Student of a private school of photography, he started his career ...
Brazilian Gustavo Lacerda has been photographing people for many years who have been missing the pigment melanin, which is ...
Snowfalls, children, a giraffe and sleeping in the subway-Shin Noguchi snatches truthful and unusual moments in the daily life of ...