From rags to batteries: there are several causes of the fire about which you were unaware

From rags to batteries: there are several causes of the fire about which you were unaware

Categories: Catastrophes | Technology | World

A house fire is a terrible disaster and, of course, we try to take precautions to avoid it. But consider all the factors very difficult, especially because the cause of the fire sometimes lie in the most unexpected things and household appliances. What familiar items pose a potential danger?

From rags to batteries: there are several causes of the fire about which you were unaware

This may seem strange, but it is not always the flammable object is bound is included in the socket or connected with open fire. Yes, in most cases it is the electric light device, but sometimes the trouble comes from a completely unusual things.

Rags soaked with chemicals is always a source of fire risk. Especially high risk of fire, if the fabric is stained with machine oil or stain. Under the action of oxygen contained in the air, chemicals on the tissue are oxidized and thus can be heated to a temperature capable of igniting rags.

From rags to batteries: there are several causes of the fire about which you were unaware

To protect your home, garage or workshop, store rags soaked in various chemicals in special containers filled with water and a tight lid. Ideal option would be the immediate disposal of such debris immediately after use.

If you store batteries in the drawers along with the different small things, the big risk. The power source may come into contact with metal objects that could short-circuit its contacts. Thanks to this random conductor may short circuit parts causing a fire things in the drawer and full-scale fire.

From rags to batteries: there are several causes of the fire about which you were unaware

To exclude this option can be time disposing of unwanted batteries and storing them in special plastic boxes, precluding the touching of the contacts random items. In a pinch, you can just glue the poles of the power source the pieces of tape, usually that is enough for reassurance.

According to statistics, the Pets play a significant role in the occurrence of home fires. Yes, the favorite dog or cat may knock over a burning candle or throw a towel on a heater, but more often problems arise because of the passion of animals to play with different wires and cords.

From rags to batteries: there are several causes of the fire about which you were unaware

Biting wires and cables are dangerous not only for the pet, but also for you and your property. So, seeing the pet an unhealthy interest in the wires, be engaged in its education. More effective method of dealing with the "rodents" — placement of wires and cables in inaccessible places, such as cable skirting.

Despite the fact that modern computer hardware manufacturers are constantly struggling to make a notebook cooler as efficient as possible, most of these devices become very hot when in use.

From rags to batteries: there are several causes of the fire about which you were unaware

This is not to forget, leaving the laptop on the tablecloth, upholstered furniture or blanket. In that case, if you do not plan to in the near future to use a computer, it is best not to risk it and disable it from the network.

By itself, the bulb is not fraught with any danger. But the misuse of this device may lead to very dire consequences. Most often homemade light fixtures, made of improvised makeshift ways. But a fire can cause, and factory lamp.

From rags to batteries: there are several causes of the fire about which you were unaware

If you plan to put in the cartridge, designed for 40 watt light bulb 60 watt, you risk causing dangerous overheating of the appliance. The temperature increase can melt the insulation on wires and cause a short circuit and, with high probability, the fire.

Dryer machine, which follows the relief of a person's life, sometimes it may complicate. A source of danger in this equipment is a filter in which accumulated a significant amount of dust and lint. If you forget to clean this part of the drying machine, then get into the high risk zone.

From rags to batteries: there are several causes of the fire about which you were unaware

When heated the debris in the filter may ignite and cause a fire. Regular cleaning of the filter from contamination, for example with a sticky roller for clothes, completely eliminates the risk of becoming a victim of accidental ignition of the appliance.

This may sound strange, but ordinary household dust is dangerous, from the point of view of fire. Of course, we are not talking about the dust that accumulates on the cabinets and bookshelves, and the one that is going to electrical appliances and particularly inside them.

From rags to batteries: there are several causes of the fire about which you were unaware

Danger is also Underfloor electric heating, if a long time no one cleaned them from dirt. Prevention in this case is extremely simple — just clean and don't forget to dust the instruments, especially under the covers and screens.

Experts in the field of fire safety is not recommended to use extension cords on a permanent basis. Generally, these devices are created for temporary solutions to the problems with electricity supply, not for permanent connection thereto of electrical appliances.

From rags to batteries: there are several causes of the fire about which you were unaware

Including one extension cord of some electrical appliances, you can create significant congestion and, as a result, a short circuit in the network. If you are sorely lacking connection points for household appliances and power tools, invite a qualified electrician to install additional outlets.

Like any other device connecting to the network, an electric blanket is a source of potential danger. Never cover these blankets with clothes or other things, and don't let them sleep on pet.

From rags to batteries: there are several causes of the fire about which you were unaware

Using the instrument, always turn it to minimum power, and after the need for it disappears — immediately disconnect from the network. Should I remind you that attempt to repair such appliances is strictly prohibited.

We talked about just a few factors that can cause a home fire. There are many other items and devices, fraught with serious danger.

Keywords: Household appliances | Lighting devices | Fire | Fire safety | Risk electronics

Recent articles

Childhood in North Korea: how children grow up in the most closed country in the world
Childhood in North Korea: how children grow up in the most ...

Childhood is a wonderful time and the most valuable time in any person's life. And it's not great at all when children work in the ...

See Paris in China and die
See Paris in China and die

A photographer from Paris, François Prost, created a photo project called "Paris Syndrome". It is a series of paired shots of ...

Not a woman's business: a Chinese blogger painted his lips for seven hours a day and earned $ 1.5 million in a year
Not a woman's business: a Chinese blogger painted his lips ...

Chinese blogger Li Jiaqi, who tests lipsticks on the Taobao platform, earned more than $1.5 million in 2017.

Related articles

He's not Ivan IV: how were the early years of Tsar Ivan Vasilyevich the terrible
He's not Ivan IV: how were the early years of Tsar Ivan ...

The personality of Ivan the terrible in Russian history, stands out in brightness and inconsistency. At the mention of the king ...

Named the best photo of the year by World Press Photo
Named the best photo of the year by World Press Photo

The prize for the photo of the year was awarded to Ronaldo Schmidt. The picture was taken during a protest rally in the Venezuelan ...

Why you should not go to the store on an empty stomach: expert tips on humane economy
Why you should not go to the store on an empty stomach: ...

Financial literacy is no less important than usual, because it gives us the opportunity to manage money rationally and not feel ...