Food that healsVika
Food should not only be tasty but also healthy. It turns out that some foods from our daily menu also have healing properties. If you catch a cold or suffer from insomnia, you will find the "cure" for these ailments in your refrigerator. Food that heals: 14 foods to help you on your recovery path.
1. Food that heals: yogurt. Recent studies have shown that probiotics, which are found in large quantities in yogurt, relieve the symptoms of allergic rhinitis and redness of the eyes, and also increase immunity. By the way, yogurt is advised by many doctors and even the best gastroenterologists from the Israeli clinic Assuta. (Photo: Food and Drink / REX).
2. Food that heals: avocado. Eating avocados is one of the best ways to lower blood cholesterol levels. According to research published in the Journal of the American Heart Association, adding avocado to your daily diet for five weeks reduced your bad cholesterol by 13 points. (Photo: Food and Drink / REX).
3. Food that heals: eggs. A diet that includes four eggs a week can help avoid type 2 diabetes. Men who ate more eggs had a 38 percent reduction in type 2 diabetes in men who ate more eggs, according to a study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. (Photo: Food and Drink / REX).
4. Food that heals: honey. Honey not only helps in the treatment of colds but also relieves itchy scalp caused by dandruff. (Photo: WestEnd61 / REX).
5. Food that heals: prunes. Prunes are not only a great remedy for constipation. It turns out that eating prunes, according to a study from Florida State University, also helps to strengthen bones. (Photo: Food and Drink / REX).
6. Food that heals: nutritional yeast. Eating yeast helps maintain normal blood sugar levels. According to a study published in the journal Trace Minerals in Medicine and Biology, chromium, which is found in yeast, helped significantly lower blood glucose levels from a group of fasting volunteers. (Photo: Food and Drink / REX).
7. Food that heals: salmon. Rich in omega-3 acids, salmon helps keep hair healthy and skin smooth. (Photo: Design Pics Inc / REX).
8. Food that heals: chicken broth. The healing properties of this ancient folk remedy for colds and flu are now scientifically proven. Studies have shown that the broth's anti-inflammatory properties help clear the nasal passages and relieve a sore throat. (Photo: David Papazian / Corbis).
9. Food that heals: walnuts. Recent studies by the New York State Institute in mice have shown that eating walnuts slow the progression of Alzheimer's disease. Walnuts, which are high in serotonin, can also help improve mood. (Photo: WestEnd61 / REX).
10. Foods That Heal: Quinoa, which is a good source of magnesium, helps with migraines. (Photo: Food and Drink / REX).
11. Food that heals: cottage cheese. A bowl of cottage cheese before bed will help you fall asleep and sleep well. This is because it contains a lot of tryptophan, an amino acid that makes you sleepy. It is best to eat cottage cheese with crackers or toast because according to research by the US National Sleep Foundation, the effective supply of tryptophan to the brain is directly related to the number of carbohydrates eaten. (Photo: ImageBroker / REX).
12. Food that heals: oats. Oats help lower blood cholesterol levels. (Photo: Food and Drink / REX).
13. Food that heals: sardine. High in omega-3 fatty acids, this fish will help keep your brain working and improving memory for a long. Sardine is also a rich source of niacin, calcium, protein, vitamin D, vitamin B12, phosphorus, and selenium. (Photo: Getty Images).
14. Food that heals: dark chocolate. A recent study published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology found that eating chocolate can help reduce stress levels. The study participants were specifically exposed to stressful situations. It turned out that those participants who previously consumed chocolate had lower levels of stress hormones - cortisol and adrenaline. Antioxidants, which are high in chocolate, also reduce the risk of cancer