Farewell forever: the photographer captures the last moment of love between the owner and the dog before euthanasia
Categories: Animals | Photo projectBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/en/article/farewell-forever-the-photographer-captures-the-last-moment-of-love-between-the-owner-and-the-dog-before-euthanasia1
Any caring owner of a dog, cat or any other pet knows that quadrupeds can be the best friends and companions in our lives. In many homes, dogs and cats have become true family members who are loved and cherished no less than their "human" relatives.
Photographer Sarah Beth Earnhart loves to photograph pets in her studio and on the road, but this project of hers has a special value for her: in these photos you see the moment of farewell of the owners and their faithful four-legged friends. They say goodbye forever, because their pets need to be put down for one reason or another…
1. "For many owners, their pets mean the whole world to them," says the photographer. "And I wanted to give them the opportunity to capture them, especially in such a difficult time."
2. "These photo shoots are for people who want to pay homage to the moments of happiness that their pets have brought into their lives."
3. "I like to photograph the closeness, the physical contact between owners and their pets."
4. "Many people do not like to be photographed, so I try to take photos in which they will be present "indirectly" — in the frame they are visible half-turned or only their hands, etc."
5. "These animals had to be euthanized because they are already old or terminally ill."
6. "This photo was one of the most touching. This greyhound named Kristin had bone cancer, but looking at her, no one would say that – she was so active, lively, jumping all the time, trying to lick me. We took a picture in their backyard on a beautiful September evening. The next morning I got a call and was told that Kristin had died. I couldn't believe that this energetic and cheerful dog had fallen ill in just 12 hours. A little more, and our photo shoot would have taken place too late."
7. "People are happy to have the opportunity to take photos of their pets. Often, when I see the owners after a photo shoot, their animals are no longer alive, and these pictures are all that's left of them."
8. "When clients come to the studio for photos, I worry with them. Tears accompany almost all such moments."
9. "Many people come for photos much later than expected, simply because they are unable to come to terms with the loss and are not yet ready to look at their deceased pets again."
10. "No one has ever regretted the farewell photo shoot."
11. "It's good if the animal still looks and feels good, but I had moments when I had to shoot an already dying dog, and it wasn't easy."
12. "I try to give owners the best photos that will remind them of the best moments that their pets have brought into their lives."
13. "I hope other people will see and feel the love that "pours out" from these pictures."
14. "I try to capture the brief snatches of relationships that we all experience with our pets."
15. "I'm trying to capture special memories, expressions, how they played, how they licked you, how their fur felt on your hands."
16. "Many people write to me how they were touched by my photos, how they cried together with the person in the picture, although they had never seen him before."
17. "It seems to me, looking at a beautiful photo of someone who loves their pet purely and frankly, to see this connection through touches, smiles, looks, I think it reminds us who we are."
18. "Caring pet owners will understand the joy that dogs have brought into the lives of these people, but most of all they will understand the bitterness of parting with them."
Keywords: Love | Pet | Family | Death | Dogs | B/w
The Victoria's Secret brand employs only the brightest and most beautiful models, who always cause a real stir. We invite you ...
Pentawards are such Cannes Lions among the packaging. It is difficult and prestigious to receive an award from this global ...
A couple of photographers - Kendrick Brinson and David Walter Banks - have been documenting their love for several years now, ...
Many famous actors and musicians once had unknown or forgotten relationships that can shock any fan today! (Total 20 photos)
English photographer Sian Davey documents the life of his daughter Alice, who was born with Down Syndrome. (Total 15 photos)
The term "serial killer" appeared in 1976 in order to describe as correctly and in detail as possible the personality and ...