Egyptian doctors took out a mobile phone from the patient's intestines, which had been there for six monthsBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/en/article/egyptian-doctors-took-out-a-mobile-phone-from-the-patients-intestines-which-had-been-there-for-six-months
The Egyptian had to lie down on the operating table to get a mobile phone out of the intestine. The device was there for 6 months. Doctors at the University Hospital in Aswan first encountered a similar case. Fortunately, everything went well, and the patient is already on the mend. Find out how the mobile phone ended up in the man's stomach from our material.
The patient, a prisoner named Mohamed Ismail Mohamed, was admitted to the emergency department complaining of acute abdominal pain. During a CT scan, doctors noticed a foreign object in the intestine. The man immediately began to prepare for surgery.
Surgeons took out a small mobile phone wrapped in a polymer film from the man's stomach. The doctors did not remove it until the police arrived.
Now the patient feels well, eats and drinks normally. He admitted that he swallowed a mobile phone six months ago. It turns out that Mohamed did this not for the first time, but this time the phone did not come out naturally. Previously, a prisoner pulled a similar trick in order not to give his cell phone to the guards during the search. Usually, the device always came out with the excrement.
Despite the fact that the mobile phone never came out, the Egyptian did not bother much about it and continued to eat normally. He asked for help only when he felt a severe pain in his stomach. Doctors found severe inflammation and intestinal infection.
بقي في معدته 6 أشهر .. استخراج هاتف محمول من معدة مريض في #مصر pic.twitter.com/OzQf3WZINT
— الجزيرة مباشر (@ajmubasher) October 17, 2021
Everything would have ended much worse if the mobile phone had not been wrapped in plastic wrap. The phone could cause intestinal obstruction or bloating, then part of the intestine would have to be removed.
Meanwhile, a 74-year-old Indian man had a terrible growth on his head removed. The bone formation was formed for five years, until it turned into a huge frightening lump.