Drink beer - you will be healthyBy Vika https://pictolic.com/en/article/drink-beer-you-will-be-healthy
We have good news for all beer lovers. Recent studies by scientists have shown that this amber drink has a number of beneficial properties, provided, of course, it is consumed in moderation. Find out at Pictolic what health benefits only 1-2 glasses of beer a day can bring.
Drink beer - you will be healthy
1. Beer protects the heart from a heart attack. Italian scientists have found that people who drink beer in moderation have a 42 percent lower risk of heart disease compared to those who do not. According to scientists, the optimal amount of beer consumed is half a liter per day. The yeast in beer helps prevent circulatory disorders and blood clots. Therefore, the risk of a heart attack in beer drinkers is 40-60 percent lower than in non-drinkers. (Photo: Image Point Fr / Shutterstock).
2. Beer fights infections and strengthens the immune system. It turns out that warm beer is a good remedy for colds. So say scientists from Oregon Health & Science University. The barley used in the production of beer improves blood circulation and activates the functions of cellular respiration, which helps to strengthen the immune system. For medicinal purposes, scientists recommend drinking 1-2 glasses of beer a day. (Photo: Alexander Raths / Shutterstock).
3. Beer makes it easier to fall asleep because it contains niacin and lactoflavin (vitamin B2). Vitamins and minerals contained in brewer's yeast also help against insomnia. (Photo: Marcos Mesa Sam Wordley / Shutterstock).
4. Beer strengthens bones (protects against osteoporosis). 2 glasses of beer a day can significantly strengthen our bones, according to scientists from Tufts University. Studies have shown that those who drank one or two beers a day had 4.5 percent more bone density compared to nondrinkers. However, in those who drank more than two glasses of beer a day, scientists noted the exact opposite effect: their bone density decreased by as much as 5.2 percent compared to those who did not drink beer. (Photo: Vladimir Gjorgiev / Shutterstock).
5. Beer protects the brain from Parkinson's and Alzheimer's. And all thanks to a mysterious chemical compound - xanthohumol, which is contained in hops. This is the conclusion reached by scientists from the Chinese University in Lanzhou. Studies have shown that xanthohumol contained in hops, as an antioxidant, protects the brain from the damaging effects of oxidative stress, which is the result of an imbalance between free radicals (oxidants) and antioxidants (antioxidants). (Photo: press release).
6. Beer prevents the formation of kidney stones (pictured: enlarged kidney stones). According to a study conducted several years ago in Finland, men who drink a bottle of beer a day had a 40 percent lower risk of kidney stones than others. And all thanks to hops, which slows down the process of calcium release from bones. (Photo: Shutterstock)
7. One glass of beer a day - especially a lager or a porter - increases the antioxidant activity in the body, which prevents the formation of cataracts (eye disease). However, if you drink three or more glasses a day, the effect will be exactly the opposite, according to Canadian scientists. (Photo: press release).
8. Dutch scientists surveyed 38 thousand working men and found an interesting relationship. Those who regularly consumed moderate amounts of beer for 4 years became much less susceptible to type II diabetes. (Photo: press release).
9. Two glasses of beer increase creativity. One or two glasses of beer a day can significantly increase a person's creativity, according to a study published in the journal Consciousness and Cognition. (Photo: Marcin Bielecki).
10. Drink beer and you will believe in yourself. According to British scientists, the more beer we drink, the more attractive we seem to ourselves. However, the same scientists conducted another study, which showed that people who thought they drank this alcoholic drink, but in fact, it was non-alcoholic, rated themselves more positively than those who actually drank beer with degrees. (Photo: Ozgur Coskun / Shutterstock).