Disturbing facts to "ruin your day"
Categories: Animals | Photo project | Science | Society | Technology | WorldBy Vika https://pictolic.com/en/article/disturbing-facts-to-ruin-your-day
You know, some things are better left unsaid. For example, the fact that your bed probably has somewhere around 10 million dust mites, or that people have enough energy to bite off a finger...
TikTok creator Adorian Kolodha, also known as The Facts Guy, is deliberately ruining people's lives with a viral video featuring some of the most disturbing facts.
So, below we have selected some of the most creepy, entertaining, surprising, and just plain weird facts to get you into the Halloween vibe or just to understand why some facts often go unspoken.
1. Nighttime is the natural state of the universe, daytime is due only to a nearby fireball.
2. 1980 and 2021 are as far apart as 1980 and 1939.
3. Cruise ships are required by law to have morgues for passengers who will inevitably die on every trip.
4. If you try to grab the brain in its natural state, it will fall apart. When you see scientists take the brain, it's because they used chemicals to harden it.
5. Locked-in Syndrome is a medical condition where you can only move your eyes while the rest of your body is paralyzed. In fact, you can go into a coma-like state and be aware of it.
6. A single tiger in Nepal has killed 436 people in its lifetime.
7. Sea scorpions once lived the size of a great white shark.
8. Babies have adult teeth right under their eyes.
9. Dogs like squeaky toys because they look like scared or injured prey.
10. During World War II, Japan bombed China with bubonic plague-infected fleas.
11. Hearing is the last sense that disappears before death.
12. Humans have enough bite force to bite off their own fingers. The only thing stopping us is the natural defense mechanism of our brain.
13. Genghis Khan significantly reduced carbon emissions because he killed so many farmers that all their farms just turned into forests.
14. In the 1930s, parents often hung their children in cages outside the windows.
15. There are over 200 bodies on Everest and they are used by climbers as waypoints.
16. Cannibalism is common among hamsters.
17. Your bed can have up to 10 million dust mites.
18. More than 50% of commercial pilots have admitted to falling asleep while flying.
19. In the 1800s, dentures were commonly made from the teeth of dead soldiers.
20. The survival rate of a person who has undergone cardiac arrest outside the hospital is 1 in 10.
21. The photograph for your funeral may have already been taken.
22. The overall happiness of people peaks at age 21 and does not return to this level until they retire.
23. In 10 seconds of a kiss, you can exchange more than 80 million bacteria.
24. In ancient England, people used hollow skulls as bowls and cups.
Keywords: Interesting facts | People | Lifestyle | Galaxy | Brain | Information | Energy | Animals
— Hey, Chudra! Why did you leave the camp? — And the wrong gypsies have now gone… The wrong ones… are changing the ...
On Vozdvizhenka, in the building of the former department store "Voentorg", the flagship "Children's World" ...
They are not like everyone else: albino people. They have pale, almost white skin, whitish, as if sun-bleached hair, eyelashes and ...
I think the great archaeological discoveries do only scientists? As it is not so! Sometimes the ordinary person can detect is that ...
Journalist Priscilla Yuki Wilson is half Japanese and half African American. She is used to the fact that people consider her ...
This baby pictured was born in a hospital in East Surrey, England, 16 weeks too early. at the 24th week of pregnancy. What are the ...