Classic erotica from the Soviet Lithuanian photographer Rimantas Dichavicius
Categories: ExhibitionBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/en/article/classic-erotica-from-the-soviet-lithuanian-photographer-rimantas-dichavicius
"Women are not people, it's other creatures" (the man of Dichavicius).
Rimantas, Dichavicius — Soviet photographer and a born romantic. It is a romantic touch and helped him become the first photographer that issued in the Soviet Union the edition, glorifying female beauty. Author album called "Flowers among flowers" and was presented at the international book fair in Moscow in 1987. The collection produced a bombshell.
Rimantas, Dichavicius recalls: "there was total censorship. This theme was prohibited, and no Western book so missed the fair, no. And suddenly, on the Soviet stand on Friday... Then this book was even taken inside, because the stand would have demolished the visitors. Adherents of the strict morals on me did not attack. Just a surprise it was — not to critique."
Foreign experts wondered: how could appear such a high level of skill in a country where the photos in the Nude was 70 years banned?
Rimantas Dichavicius of thought about it. It was just poetic, high-quality photos of elusive beauty. Not her, said the photographer, save the world, and today we must save the beauty.
1. A little boy along with his parents Rimantas of Dichavicius in Stalin's time, along with thousands of Lithuanians were exiled to Siberia. Have lost their mother, find themselves in the institution of special type for children of "enemies of the people", Rimantas not hardened, on the contrary, in everything and everyone looking and searching for the beauty.
"Today we need to save the very beauty it is not claimed. It should be valued, it is necessary to pass on to others. That's when beauty starts to save. This ideal is found in people."
We present 26 of the most sensuous pictures from the book of Rimantas Dichavicius "Flowers among flowers". Many of these works can be seen in passing now in the Russian Museum the exhibition "Beauty without glamour?", dedicated to the genre of Nude photography in Russian XX-XXI centuries.
2. Rimantas, Dichavicius recalls: "After the show had a lot of orders, the Chinese wanted to buy "at least" a million instances for a narrow circle of specialists. We were big brother then for them, and if big brother allows..."
3. The book was reprinted four times. And from the photos in the albums, was an exhibition held in the Central house of journalists.
4. Looking through the photo album, the viewer gets the impression that the photographer did it in one breath: one fine summer of it running around somewhere on the sand, saw beauty and captured it. "Actually, I'm on it very long worked, for many years: he was taking pictures, he printed, the layout is done, the text was written."
5. "I would call what he's doing, top-class cultural resistance to consumer culture," — said the expert on creativity of Dichavicius, art historian Tatiana Yasinskaya.
6. "Like he's doing fashionable things — well, today actually sleeker the female body? It seems, well, just not sell cheese curd without that it is some half naked beauty is not advertised. It's insulting. And how can a man defends a rating of high culture. He still believes that women are "not people, it's the other creatures"".
10. On the palms.
14. Foam days.
25. The dried flowers.
Recognized photographers of today do not accept, as he put it, the exploitation of the female image in art. One day, the artist said: "the Holy theme was a primitive product. I want this area to go out."
The publication of Rimantas Dichavicius "Flowers among flowers" is still considered a model of art of the highest class.