Cancer patient 90-year-old American went on a trip instead of treatmentVika
Is it possible to travel at the age of 90? As it turned out, this seemingly crazy idea is quite feasible. Norma, a 90-year-old Michigan resident, was diagnosed with uterine cancer and her husband had died shortly before. In response to the treatment options offered by her doctors, Norma replied, "I am already 90 years old, so leave me alone," and set off to pursue her old dream. Norma traveled with her son and his wife throughout the United States.
1. When 90-year-old Norma was told that she had cancer, she decided to go on an epic journey.
2. The doctors suggested that she undergo chemotherapy, but she had other plans.
3. Norma told them she was going on the road and soon did just that.
4. She and her long-time mobile home owner son and daughter-in-law took a road trip to the United States.
5. Doctors did not give Norma any guarantee that she would survive the surgery and chemotherapy that were needed to treat cancer. Therefore, she chose to enjoy the time left for her and fulfill her cherished dream.
6. On their amazing journey, they traveled through many states and visited many interesting places.
7. Although Norma now has a busy daily schedule, she always finds time to stop for a minute and enjoy the scent of roses.
8. They visited Yellowstone National Park, Mount Rushmore, the Rocky Mountains and many other US attractions ...
9.… And we were able to get acquainted with a huge variety of representatives of the American flora and fauna.
10. They traveled not only by land!
11. Wherever Norma is, she always smiles.
12. She even flew in a hot air balloon!
13. After the death of her husband, who passed away last year, Norma was determined to live the rest of her life to the fullest.
14. When Norma was asked how she manages to maintain such a positive attitude, she replied: "You just need to move on, every day, that's probably all."
15. During her long trip, Norma made a lot of interesting friends!
16. From time to time she makes stops to rest a little, but soon she starts her journey again.
17. They left Michigan behind in August 2015 and have been on the road for over seven months!
18. To maintain her energy, Norma eats well.
19. Their epic journey is still ongoing. After all, there are still so many wonderful places that they plan to visit!