Writes the items: a one-Day outing to Cairo, we began to prepare in Moscow. Immediately decided to abandon a tour escort, visit to pyramids and museums (BUE-e). Under the cut "wild Cairo," the water-carrier, metro, and the Nile.
Bonus track: games with maids.
1. Sharm El-Sheikh, we were surprised by a protest demonstration, blocked the street. The protesters stopped our tanturovski the bus, putting forward their own, only they understand the requirements. Among them was Egyptian with a placard on which was written something like "I want to buy the car." We were not against his purchase, therefore, the demonstration of how quickly resolved and we went on.
2. Sharma took one day to get bored. On the second day we were already preparing to Cairo.
3. Where and went the next morning. 40 minutes fly and under the wing of the Egyptian capital.
4. The first surprise was waiting at the taxi stand at the airport. Elegant Peugeot fiftieth year with the old counter on Board. The ancestor of the builders of the pyramids did not speak in English, but was untouched as he could: turned his head, stomped their feet, held up a finger, pointed to the sky, as if calling Him to witness.
5. The population of Cairo Metropolitan area with 18 million people. Very busy traffic. Three-row on the road taken to go to four rows. The most important thing in "Egypt-the car" it's the horn. For him, the local population presses more often than the pedals. Generally the first striking impression is the signals and mosques in large numbers.
6. House sometimes remind the Israeli Haifa.
7. The al-Azhar mosque. The oldest of Cairo's mosques. My companion immediately found a "guide", which has penetrated into the female part of the mosque. A cunning Egyptian, summon it for a handsome fee. I also did not remain idle, drinking in the local cafe a Cup of tea and paying for good beer. So we remembered that it is necessary to bargain.
8. Next, we gathered for the market. Cairo taxi. A kind of ceiling, an incredible number of mirrors, the skin of the torpedo. For the ride the taxi driver asked for ten bucks, but after hearing the counter-offer of $2, suspiciously quickly agreed and in a minute we were in the market, which was on the next street:).
9. Souk El-Khalili was exactly as I imagined it — like a market from the fairy tale "Ali Baba". However, the abundance of Chinese goods. The main difference is that European men wear balls on his head.
10. Unaccustomed at first dazzled, and then nothing, get used to it.
11. The Egyptian market without a snack is like a wedding without a drum. I tasted a loaf of bread with suspicious meat and washed down with a glass of dark liquid. Delicious.
Local people are very friendly. An unusual type of travellers forced the sellers to forget about the business and some time to visit the communication. I asked what was bothering me. — Why do you tyrannize Mubarak, their President? M-m? In response, the boy smiled widely and shook my hand. Apparently, Russian language for him is just a set of sounds.
12. Seller dark liquid. Very businesslike and focused. These guys in large numbers go to the Egyptian streets. Left on his belt a set of several cups and plastic pitcher water for washing thereof. In the background the driver just thirst quenching.
13. The saleswoman mulberry. In the beginning she automatically asked 1 pound per Cup (5 rubles), but then, seeing us tourists, said that it is necessary to add still the same. The man in the background laughed along with us. Vendor received all of the required amount.
14. Purchased the mulberry was eaten at a nearby café along with the ordered coffee. The floor in the cafe was sprinkled with fresh shavings as ashtrays the owner helpfully suggested a box from under the little things. Where and when else can you see such a picturesque place?
15. Street, where, we hope, not untouched by the tourist. The edges are shops, and above them a house.
16. The seller of the laces. Apparently laces are in great demand among the local population. No less interest is the vehicle: hands and control, and pedaling.
17. The secret of comfortable travel is a good lunch. No national flavor, just a hearty European food and stay under the air conditioner help restore spent force. It's the final part of dinner is dessert.
18. Cairo metro. A bit more modest than Moscow, but fewer people. The fare is 1 pound.
19. The River Nile. Like this, chartered the boat for an hour took us here and there.
21. The last stage of the journey. The Cairo tower. The height of the tower is 187 meters. It is 43 meters higher than the pyramid of Cheops. The main difference from the pyramid — the presence of lift (about the fact that the pyramid does not retransmit the TV signal, I think, can not speak, understandably so).
22. Absolutely wonderful view from the top will not spoil weather.
Bonus track. The promised game with the maids. After watching the photos of the activities of the comedian Crisera that leaves the maids surprises, we decided to conduct an experiment in our hotel.
23. So having cleaned the room,
24. ...we made a retaliatory move...
25. In the evening, we found a remarkable response. Please note, the tablets were added, and the bottle of beer, cigarette LM, and matches. In the next bed unchanged swans. All lovingly sprinkled with rose petals :).
26. I encourage everyone to travel savages, and nothing to fear. Positive emotions are guaranteed. By the way, the trip cost in the amount of 3 times less than those offered by the tour operator, in addition, we did not drive to the museums and pyramids that no money can not be measured.