Artists and artist's model in frames of the legendary LIFE magazine
Categories: CultureBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/en/article/artists-and-artists-model-in-frames-of-the-legendary-life-magazine
In the workshops of painters or sculptors, the creators and various accessories to create works of art, often a model.
This collection is devoted to the process of the work of art: the creation of sculptures, paintings, sketch. Dedicated to the artist and the human body, which for centuries was a source of inspiration.
1. American artist Robert Rauschenberg (1925-2008) and his Nudes, 1951. The most famous of all his works were those that combined elements of painting and sculpture and was created in the 1950s. (Wallace Kirkland)
2. A group of art school students of Farnsworth paints a picture with nature, 1946. (Andreas Feininger)
3. American artist Thomas HART Benton (1889-1975) working on the painting "Persephone" (also known as "the Rape of Persephone") in her Studio in Kansas city, Missouri, 1939. The model is one of his students, a student at the art Institute Kansas city. A strong influence on the work of Benton, a supporter of regionalism, had an El Greco. (Alfred Eisenstaedt)
4. Thomas HART Benton) is working on the painting "Persephone". In the late 1930s he published an autobiographical book, which was praised by the Nobel laureate novelist Sinclair Lewis: "Here is the rare artist who can write." (Alfred Eisenstaedt)
5. Students of the art school of Skowhegan, man, make a sketch from nature, 1948. As the poet William Blake, "the art cannot exist without naked beauty". (Eliot Elisofon)
6. Jean Negulesco (1900-1993) paints a portrait of a model in a Studio in Hollywood. Today know him as the author of the scenarios of the famous movies 1940-1960 years, but his first love and the love of her life was the painting. (Jerry Cooke)
7. Moses Soyer (1899-1974) works in a Studio in Greenwich village, 1960. Born in Russia and raised in the Bronx Sawyer whole life adhered to realism, rejecting newfangled flow. (Time & Life Pictures/Getty Images)
8. David Friedenthal (1914-1958) draws a sketch, 1948. (Gjon Mili)
9. German surrealist Fabius von Gugel (1910 -2000) in Rome. (Jack Birns)
10. Model Doris Fisher on a smoke break during classes at the art school in the Ox-bow, Michigan, 1946. (Loomis Dean)
16. The artist draws a poster for the film 'the naked maja', 1958. (Bill Bridges)
12. The sculptor Chaim gross (1904-1991) in the Studio in 1942. He was born in Austria, and in 1921 he moved to USA and became one of the most famous carvers. (Eliot Elisofon—Time Life Pictures/Getty Images)
13. Artists write from nature, California, 1959. (J. R. Eyerman)
14. Model on the background of cactus and arthritis artist, 1948. (Alfred Eisenstaedt)
15. Students of the art school of Skowhegan, man, make a sketch from nature, 1948. (Gjon Mili)
17. The sculptor Chaim gross sketch, 1942. (Eliot Elisofon)
18. Nude woman posing for artist Martin Fletcher, 1940. (Peter Stackpole)
19. Self-portrait by Italian artist Giorgio de Chirico (1888-1978). Critic Robert Hughes wrote of him: "it's No secret that de Chirico was a poet, and a great poet". About the paintings also Hughes did not write a word.
20. Henri Matisse (1869-1954) sculpts a Nude woman lying in bed in his apartment, 1951. (Dmitri Kessel)