American footprint in the Russian province
Categories: Photo projectBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/article/american-footprint-in-the-russian-province
“This is not a story about a province in America, but about America in a province. All photos presented in this series were taken on the streets of one city. All things and objects depicted in the photographs are actively used by residents. Not a single image was specially drawn for this series,” is how the author, photographer Sergey Kolesnikov, describes the idea of his photo project.
(Total 20 photos)
1. Sergey Kolesnikov reports: I was waiting for my wife to try on another dress and transformed the word “shopping” into various offensive words. My bored gaze settled on two identically dressed young people ...
2. The girl was wearing a short T-shirt with a picture of the American flag, and the guy's brutal T-shirt differed only in that the stars were collected in the shape of a skull. After a few minutes of studying this couple, who fell victim to the photogenicity of Old Glory, I suddenly realized that the word that had been on my ear for some time now from the song broadcast to the entire store was nothing more than the repeatedly repeated "americo"!
3. Nice coincidence, I thought. However, at that moment, a girl with a swimsuit decorated with the same stars and stripes slipped past me into the fitting room, and I realized that something was wrong here!
4. So much America in one place in my rather small provincial town - it's too much. However, my wife finally finished her total inspection of the store and we went outside ...
5. What kind of jokes does fate throw out, slipping us various kinds of coincidences, I thought. However, the seeds of doubt were sown. And my eyes began to obligingly pick out from the crowd all the new evidence that this was not a coincidence!
6. A lot of people walked around the city, dressed in T-shirts, shirts, dresses with images of the American flag, American cities and heroes of American culture in all sorts of variations.
7. On the shelves of the store, I was met by goods with pronounced American symbols, and the boys in the yard were chasing a ball with the inscription "American sports".
8. The mighty genius of a certain driver attached a dollar bill to the ceiling of a city bus, surrounded by St. George ribbons and three icons.
9. And while politicians break spears in fierce battles, announce new sanctions and talk about the beginning of the Cold War, we listen to American music, wear American symbols and choose American brands.
10. I did not even expect how grateful this topic would be in terms of material. One had only to look closely, and I saw that America surrounds me everywhere.
11. In clothes, household items, images on the walls of houses. You run into it every day, and you're so used to it that you don't even notice it anymore.
12. I didn't shoot any American home brand products. Most of them have long been owned by international corporations.
13. Product choice is a conscious preference for quality or convenience. But the choice of symbolism is a decision that is often made at a subconscious level.
14. This is a choice of other views on life, a different philosophy. Another way of life. Even if this life is just a myth in our own minds.
Keywords: America | Residents | Province | Photo seriesPost News Article
Film production is such a mysterious industry that it never ceases to amaze people from less creative fields. We share amazing ...
Once upon a time, hygiene was not treated as scrupulously as it is now. However, this does not apply to all ethnic groups, but only ...
In the 30s of the last century, the world was shocked by the tragedy that occurred at one of the factories in the United States. At ...
While Edward Snowden, who has recently become the main news on both sides of the ocean, languishes in the transit zone of ...
The contemporary American-Swiss photographer Robert Frank came to the USA in 1947, and during several years of traveling around the ...
Yaoyao Ma Wan As is an artist from Los Angeles, for whom work is also a hobby. The main motif in her works is animals. It is the ...