A day in the life of an installer
Categories: TechnologyBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/article/a-day-in-the-life-of-an-installer
Download, send, receive, post, register, buy - the list is endless ... Nowadays, the Internet has become almost the main channel for obtaining information and providing it: without access to the network, we cannot even work, but it’s not worth talking about your favorite social networks and talk.
From the outside it seems to us that the work of technical workers is less important, less interesting and does not deserve such attention as other professions. However, the people who work there are 100% responsible for what they do, I wish everyone was like that. In addition, they have a persistent character, because clients come across different - not all are "savvy" in the work of the Internet, and often ask a thousand different questions. But they manage to find an approach to any person. Of course, how work is done sometimes depends on where people work and how it is perceived by others. So, friends, this post is not about wires, this is a post about people who every day provide us with stable Internet operation.
Go to this site, here the new buildings of Sevastopol are sold at low prices. Apartments in a new building without intermediaries and cooperation directly with a construction company that builds residential apartment buildings is: - Profitable investment - the price is objective, there are no intermediary overpayments; – Choosing housing that suits your individual requirements (number of floors, sea view, number of rooms, etc.); - Buying a new home will be guaranteed safe.
1. Every morning of installers (and we managed to spy on the work of the guys from OnLime today) begins with receiving customer applications, which indicate what exactly needs to be connected.
2. Installers connect the Internet, digital television, and home telephone.
3. At the site, installers also receive a cable box. By the way, there are many sites in the city - each covers its own work area, usually several districts.
4. After that, a team of installers (usually three of them) goes to the site. On this day, they got a new building in one of the sleeping areas of Moscow.
5. After checking that everything you need is taken (equipment for connection, contracts), you can go.
7. First of all, installers notify the owners that the Internet and TV will soon appear in their apartment.
9. Work has begun.
10. It is necessary to stretch the cable into the basement.
11. Installers work in pairs: one pulls the cable, the other (in the basement) receives it.
12. By the way, getting into the basement, as well as into the attic and the technical floor, just won't work, for this you need to take the key from a special worker, which we do.
15. In the basement is the equipment responsible for the operation of the Internet throughout the house.
16. In order not to be mistaken, once again it is necessary to check the data so that our wire is not connected to someone else's.
17. Find the right wire ...
20. ... we fix it in the right place and ...
23. ... attach to the equipment.
25. After that, the installers return to the floor, where the cable is attached to the already connected wires.
26. The result of the work is checked by a special device that measures the signal level.
27.42.8 m is an excellent indicator, experts assured us.
28. In addition, the cable is given a name - the apartment number, so that in the event of a breakdown or malfunction there is no confusion.
29. The next step is the implementation of technical and organizational work in the apartment.
34. What is interesting: if you want the wires to be neatly hidden in special boxes or walls, or maybe you don’t have enough outlets to install the Internet, TV or phone, or you really want Wi-Fi, but how to use a router, If you don’t know - the list is endless - then the installers will do everything so that you can quickly start using what you need: surf the Internet, call friends or on business, or watch your favorite channel.
35. After that, the installers must make sure that everything works. If necessary, the necessary elements are configured. (In this case, the specialist sets up the Internet, setting up a login and password for the owners of the apartment.)
36. By the way, you can also install magical digital television or a home phone for yourself on special terms - without a subscription fee. This system works like on your mobile: how much you said - pay so much, and all incoming calls are free. It's great, right?
37. All is well! Installers, as always, approached their work responsibly. You can sign a contract!
38. An agreement is signed with the owners, which indicates the work performed, and the client confirms that there are no complaints.
39. And finally. Each residential building has a technical floor, on which engineering equipment is located and communications are laid.
40. There are cabinets on it that are responsible for the operation of the Internet.
41. Sometimes the equipment, which in our case was located in the basement, is located on the roof. But since there were cases when the roofs were redeemed and access to them was limited, in many houses it is no longer placed there.
42. But, taking this opportunity, here are some wonderful views from the 26th floor of the residential area. Amazing, isn't it?
Keywords: Installation | Moscow | ProviderPost News Article
The digital age gives us the deceptive belief that humanity has thoroughly studied the world around us and there are no miracles. ...
Incredible images from above have revealed to the world the traces of the Second World War in the Pacific region. What remains of ...
Having released several parts of the animated film "Shrek", the DreamWorks film studio, for some reason, hid the fact that the ...
Historians have studied archive documents for several centuries, I believe that in modern Moscow there are not more than 10% of ...
The metro is such an amazing place that not only helps people get to their final destination, but can also give a lot of new ...
Since school, everyone knows that Tsar John IV the Terrible killed his son John. He did this with the pointed end of the staff and ...