9 Single Dads in Hollywood Who Perfectly Play Their RolesBy Vika https://pictolic.com/en/article/9-single-dads-in-hollywood-who-perfectly-play-their-roles
Known or not, being a parent is a great joy, but also a huge responsibility that should not be taken lightly, especially if a man is raising his children as a single father. However, it can help him build an unbreakable bond with his children. And this relationship will only grow stronger over time when the children understand how many sacrifices it takes to become a great father.
We believe that celebrities can be a great reflection of parenting as we watch how they raise their children over the years. Here are 9 single dads who won our hearts with their devotion.
1. Hollywood actor Liam Neeson has two sons, Michelle, 26, and Daniel, 25. He lost his sons' mother in a skiing accident back in 2009.
2. The American actor lost his wife, actress Kelly Preston, in 2020 after 2 years of illness. The couple raised 21-year-old daughter Ella and 11-year-old Benjamin. Travolta is a devoted father who never misses an opportunity to express his love for his children. He shared a lovely post on Father's Day, saying, "It's a privilege to be the father of these two beautiful children."
3. American actor Josh Duhamel has a son, 8-year-old Axl, from his ex-wife, singer Fergie. The down-to-earth dad is an active presence in his son's life and loves to pass on his passion for outdoor activities, which he did as a child. Duhamel shared that the most helpful parenting advice came from his own father, who told him to "give the child the freedom to explore."
4. Comedian Jamie Foxx, 54, has two daughters, Corinne, 28, and Annalize, 12. It was not easy for the single father to raise his children alone, as he admitted that he made many mistakes along the way, such as "not showing up on time." He said that during his years as a single father, he learned that the most important thing that children need is the presence of a dad.
5. American actor Ryan Phillippe has a daughter, Ava, and a son, Deacon, with his ex-wife, actress Reese Witherspoon. The couple broke up in 2006 after 9 years of marriage. In 2011, Philip became a father for the third time after the birth of his daughter with model Alexis Knapp. The 47-year-old spoke about fatherhood, saying: “This is the best part of my life. You could remove everything else."
6. Rocker Lenny Kravitz, 57, has a daughter, model, and actress Zoe, with his ex-girlfriend Lisa Bonet. The father-daughter duo is very close, and the cool dad revealed that he and his daughter have a very open dialogue, saying, "We can talk about anything."
7. Pop star Marc Anthony, 53, has been married three times and has six children, including 14-year-old twins with ex-wife Jennifer Lopez.
8. 43-year-old American musician Usher is the proud father of two boys, a daughter, and a newborn baby. He divorced the mother of his two sons in 2009 and raised them as a single father. Having first become a father in 2007, Usher has shown that he takes the responsibility of fatherhood very seriously. Speaking of his son: "Now, I imagine what he should become."
9. Austrian-American actor and former bodybuilder Arnold Schwarzenegger has 3 sons and 2 daughters. He officially divorced the mother of his 4 oldest children in 2021 after 10 years of separation. The star expressed his love for his children, saying, “Fatherhood is truly the greatest joy. Watching all five of my children grow into their successful lives is fantastic.”