9 sculptures too beautiful for this worldVika
The beauty of women has been celebrated since ancient times by poets and musicians, painters, and sculptors. And, perhaps, it was the sculptors who were able to fully reveal the contradictory nature of women. Carved graceful figures in stone or granite convey an ambiguous feminine nature, combining strength and fragility.
We have collected 9 amazing sculptures that you will watch in awe as they are so beautiful and alive.
1. Richard Steinthorpe has been creating wire sculptures for the third decade. The sculptor is especially successful in women's bodies with their graceful outlines. Richard says that working with wire is a real puzzle, challenging but fun.
2. Antonio Corradini is an Italian sculptor who lived and worked two centuries ago. He is renowned for his exquisite craftsmanship and skill in working with marble, be it Jurassic marble or any other. His beautiful female bodies of stone, covered with veils, still amaze viewers with their realism.
3. This enigmatic yet sensual sculpture is housed in the monumental Cimitero di Staglieno, a famous cemetery in Genoa, Italy.
4. Jean-Michel Bihorel wowed the Internet with his extraordinary digital sculptures of women made of flowers. They are very creative and fantastically beautiful, aren't they?
5. Italian Vittorio Tessaro managed to recreate the body of a woman with all his grace, which was praised by poets.
6. American sculptor Benjamin Matthew Victor knows how to convey eroticism in bronze. His works of art are impressive, and they express every feature with exquisite detail, making his sculptures almost come alive.
7. Philip Jackson is a Scottish sculptor whose work of art tells a fascinating story. His creations are so expressive that it's hard to believe that they are made of stone and not flesh and blood.
8. The giant sculpture Ecstasy by Karen Cusolito is made of treated steel. Her gestures and lines demonstrate the feminine nature, and also reveal the doubts and desires of the present.
9. Robin White knows how to work with wire and he creates some really stunning sculptures out of it. It seems that at any moment they can take off from the ground and fly away, following the wind.