9 photos proving people looked older in the pastBy Vika https://pictolic.com/en/article/9-photos-proving-people-looked-older-in-the-past
It all started when the former baseball player asked a curious question on Twitter. "This is nonsense," he wrote, "but did people in the past look older when they were younger?" What he really meant was that people used to age much faster than they do today. The answers in the thread showed very clearly that the answer to this question was yes. Twitter was filled with photos of people in their early thirties who looked like they were in their fifties, and celebrities who looked older years ago than they do now.
We have collected pictures of celebrities confirming that the strange phenomenon turned out to be true.
1. Charles Bronson and Lee Marvin were 45 and 43 respectively when they played in The Dirty Dozen.
2. Abe Wigoda was 54 years old when he played a detective on the show.
3. This is what Roy Orbison looked like at 29.
4. Singer Otis Redding was 26 years old when this photo was taken.
5. Jason Alexander was only 30 years old when Seinfeld's first season came out.
6. William Hartnell, the first Doctor Who, was 55 when the series began. John Pertwee, the third Doctor Who, was 51 years old when he started playing the character.
7. Both of these great musicians performed at Woodstock. Here is Carlos Santana at a show in Hamburg in 1973 when he was only 26 years old. Next to him was Joe Cocker, who was the same age in 1970.
8. Frank Sinatra played Danny Ocean in the first version of Ocean's 11 when he was 44 years old. In the 2001 version, when George Clooney played the same character, he was 39 years old.
9. Adam West, the actor who made Batman famous, was 37 when the series began. Christian Bale was 38 when The Dark Knight was filmed.