8 Times Actors Shared Their Dream RoleBy Vika https://pictolic.com/en/article/8-times-actors-shared-their-dream-role
Many people have a goal they want to achieve in their work, and actors are no exception. Many actors dream that one day they will be able to play the character they love the most. And the outcome is different - some believe that it is too late to play their favorite role, while others have already achieved their dreams.
We found out what roles some of our favorite actors dream of playing and were surprised by their answers.
1. Lindsay Lohan has been open about her desire to play Ariel from The Little Mermaid because it's her favorite movie. In a 2019 interview, she said she was going to ask her agent to see if she could get the part of her favorite Disney princess. Looks like it wasn't meant to be - actress Halle Bailey has since been announced as Ariel in the upcoming playable version of the movie.
2. Leo Michele said that at the beginning of her career she dreamed of playing the main character Maria in the Broadway production of West Side Story. She auditioned for the role but ended up not getting the role as the directors were looking for a Latina actress. Although she was upset that she didn't get the role, she was cast in the musical series Glee, where she sort of played Maria - her character Rachel got a part in the school production of the musical.
3. Constance Wu read the novel Crazy Rich Asians and felt a connection with its main character Rachel Chu. She wanted to play the role, but she thought it would never be filmed. But her prediction came true - not only was it made into a film, but Wu got the role of Rachel.
4. Idris Elba spoke about his desire to play jazz pianist and composer Thelonious Monk. In his own words, he is fascinated by how Monk was able to create something great and express himself through music while battling mental illness.
5. In 2020, Jennifer Aniston revealed that her dream role is Wonder Woman. However, in her own words, she "waited too long" for it, and the role had been re-cast years before. The actress herself admits that playing this character, most likely, will not work, but she does not let this break her and has other career goals, for example, to act in comedies.
6. Halle Berry dreams of playing activist Angela Davis, who has been vocal since the 1960s. The actress said her goal is to play Davis in her lifetime, but she's not sure if that will happen.
7. Dave Batista has 2 dream roles: He has been open about wanting to join the DC Extended Universe as the villain Bane, but his main goal remains to play the role of Ernest Hemingway. The actor says that Hemingway and his story are very intriguing to him, from how he lived to how he died.
8. Kirsten Dunst has German roots on her father's side, so because of this connection, she is interested in playing actress Marlene Dietrich. She described Dietrich as "a cool and interesting person to play", but does not know if her dream will ever come true, as she has not heard of any projects involving the 20th-century actress.