8 signs that you are smarter than othersBy Vika https://pictolic.com/article/8-signs-that-you-are-smarter-than-others.html
Who wouldn't want to become a member of the prestigious and well-known Mensa organization, which brings together people with a high IQ from all over the world? To do this, you need to have a higher IQ than 98 percent of the population. Why do some people have much higher than average intelligence? Scientists all over the world have been puzzling over this question for many years. However, some research confirms that there are certain factors that influence our IQ in the direction of its increase or vice versa ... Find out about them on Pictolic!
1. If you don't smoke... It turns out that a 2010 study by Israeli scientists confirmed that people who don't smoke have a higher IQ than smokers. The IQ of non-smokers was 101, while that of smokers was only 94. (Photo: Shutterstock)
2. If you have taken music lessons... Scientists say that the verbal intelligence of children aged 4-6 increases after the first month of music lessons. Another 2004 study found that six-year-olds who spent nine months learning to play the piano had much higher IQs than their peers. (Photo: Shutterstock).
3. If you have brothers and sisters ... and you are the eldest child in the family, then it is very likely that your IQ is higher than that of other brothers and sisters by as much as 3 points. A study that proves such a relationship was conducted in 2007. (Photo: Shutterstock).
4. If you have a slim figure... French studies conducted in 2006 showed that the lower a person's body mass index, the higher their cognitive intelligence. Skinny people participating in the studies performed better on tests of cognitive ability. In a language test, 56 percent of the words were recognized by thin people, while only 44 percent were full. We conclude that languages are better slender! (Photo: Shutterstock).
5. If you love cats... Last year's study by scientists at Caroll University confirmed that cat lovers have a higher IQ than even dog lovers. (Photo: Shutterstock).
6. If your mother breastfed you as an infant... It turns out that higher intelligence is also affected by breastfeeding. With mother's milk, we get up to an additional 7 IQ points. (Photo: Shutterstock).
7. If you are left-handed... Left-handed people, who make up about 10 percent of our population, have above-average abilities. Among left-handers, people gifted with mathematical abilities and artistic and artistic talent are much more common. (Photo: Shutterstock).
8. If you are tall… Scientists from Princeton University, based on research, claim that tall people have a higher IQ. (Photo: Shutterstock).