8 Controversial Movie and TV Villains People Just Can't HateBy Vika https://pictolic.com/en/article/8-controversial-movie-and-tv-villains-people-just-cant-hate
A character cannot become a hero unless there is a villain to fight and defeat. The villains are just as important to the story as the heroes, although we often hate them, without them, it would not be as interesting to watch a movie or read a book.
Even though we should hate villains because they are evil and cause havoc, sometimes they are also connected and show emotions that we also experience but repress.
1. Tom from Tom and Jerry. We have always rooted for him.
2. Gollum. It's not his fault that he got caught up in all this magic world domination demigod nonsense, he just went fishing...
3. Hannibal Lecter. He ate bad people.
4. Mr. Freeze. Dude just wants his wife to live a long life.
5. Ice King. It's just a tragic backstory. He's just lonely and desperate for friends.
6. Darth Maul of course. The poor guy may have been dangerous and evil was scattered throughout his career, but you have to remember that he was just Sidious' pawn. He realized it too late and even tried to tell the others, but no. At the very least, he accepted an honorable death against Kenobi.
7. GLaDOS. She's so crazy and funny that you forget that she enjoys gassing the innocent.
8. Dude from Law Abiding Citizen. He was a goddamn protagonist, and the writers didn't have the guts to see his story through to the end.