19 times nature has turned abandoned places into surreal masterpiecesVika
When people leave something behind, nature has its own way of reclaiming what was once taken from it. The photo below is direct proof of this.
These places showcase the power that planet Earth has in transforming something into a new beauty. And we have to admit that this is really exciting.
1. The diamond mine established at Kolmanskop in Namibia was closed in the 1950s. The desert returned what was taken from it.
2. What used to be a mill located in the center of Sorrento, Italy, is now covered in greenery.
3. The shopping center has turned into a beautiful aquarium. It looks better, doesn't it?
4. An old fishing hut on a lake in Germany.
5. These trees have regained their authority at the Ta Prohm Temple Angkor, Cambodia.
6. The sleeping goddess in the Lost Gardens of Heligan, England.
7. The abandoned road turned into a stream.
8. Once it was a great palace in Poland, but now it looks more like a forest.
9. Pripyat, a city of almost 50,000 people in Ukraine, was evacuated after the Chernobyl nuclear disaster.
10. This car in Taiwan, China is clearly in demand by the grass.
11. Fabulous door in Caltate, Italy.
12. You can actually see the reflection in the water of this abandoned institution.